Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#256039 07/23/05 03:54 PM
kobe99 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

If its one thing I've learned over the years, its to get the correct advice from the experts right from the start. Found your forum on the web and if anybody can point me on the right direction for me it would be appreciated. I have had a Meridian Northstar System with M7208 phones. The full system was purchased years ago and has worked pretty well for our small office of 5 + people. I recently decided I wanted to use a more aggressive type of voice mail system and have the employees take more of their own calls, use as a marketing tool, etc. As much as I like having a live person answering all calls, its becoming to expensive. My question is do those 3rd party voice mail systems such as GotMail, etc. work well with an existing phone system? Or would an add-on type voice mail box be better? Looking for a good, low cost solution. Recommneded 3rd party comapnies? Any advice to get me on the right path would be appreciated.

thanks,

Scott P.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I know you are looking for a good third-party voicemail, but I would imagine Nortel still has the best integration with their own productline. You might want to re-post the question in the Nortel forum. It could be that all you need is (possibly) a software upgrade on the Norstar, and then a Call Pilot 100. Come to think of it, I replaced an old (dead) Norstar hard-drive based voicemail with a Call Pilot 100, and it seemed to go pretty well. The folks in the Nortel forum would be able to tell you for sure, and tell you key differences between what you currently have and the latest Nortel products. It might save you headache in the long run. Sometimes it's just easier to stay with the same manufacturer when adding (or upgrading) voicemail. Good luck!

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,444 Shoretel
190,716 CTX100 install
189,205 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024