Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ssok Offline OP
OP Offline
I purchased this phone system for my company and have about 8-10 extensions with 5 phone lines coming in. I wanted to be able to have the caller be greeted with a hold message and stay on hold until picked up by the next available representative. Is this possible with my system? I do not know too much about this system as it is fairly new. I just want them to hang out in space until they are answered but dont know how to make this happen or if it is possible. Thanks for any help you may have.

Matt
SSOK
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
did you discuss these needs with your vendor before you purchased the equipment ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
KLD Offline
Matt....I have to agree with Skip....there are some inventive ways to "hang" callers, depending on the equipment installed and the vendor.

Good Luck.

Ken
---------
It is possible to do what you would like with the DSX, but you will need a tech to program the system for you

I agree. But it will cost you.

It is possible to have all calls go to a call routing mailbox (auto attendant greeting) with the time out feature sending it to a UCD group. Best to have a tech set it up for you.

St Petersburg
ssok Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, to be completely honest with you these needs were voiced and discussed prior to having the unit set up. The main issue is the technician that came and set it up seemed to lack the knowledge that the saleman convinced me of. I have asked him several times about setting it up as I have described with responses of "it wont do that". I just wanted to check into what its capabilities are before I question him on what it can or cant achieve. I am not sure the technician has the ability to properly program my system to meet my intended goals. Is there a way to have someone connect remotely to program these features? Thanks so much for your help.

Matt

Matt
SSOK
The DSX is limited compared to its bigger brother, the SV8100. With the 8100, you can get Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) which gives the caller the option to opt out of line and leave a message, periodic delay messages, etc. With the UCD programming I referred to, a call gets transferred to the group and either rings until answered or ends up in a mailbox where the caller leaves a message. A suggestion would also be to have some type of Message On Hold (MOH) device installed on the system informing the caller a little bit about your company while he or she is waiting.
As for the tech not knowing what he's doing, it's possible he hasn't taken the time to learn the ins and outs of the system. Ask the company to send some one else out. If that doesn't work for you, contact NEC in Shelton, Ct and ask for the name of another dealer in your area.

St Petersburg
I know KS is a big state but you might PM KLD Ken and see if can help you or suggest someone

you can also post in request a installer forum here . DSX is available to anyone so there is a good chance the company you bought it from isn't certified on the system

I wouldn't present a invoice or expect my customer to make the final payment until everything was working 100% have you paid them yet ?

Skip

PM sent

Skip

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,443 Shoretel
189,211 CTX100 install
187,455 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (www.telcom1.net), 117 guests, and 406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024