atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ssok NEC DSX / Auto Message and Place on Hold? - 12/15/10 07:16 PM
I purchased this phone system for my company and have about 8-10 extensions with 5 phone lines coming in. I wanted to be able to have the caller be greeted with a hold message and stay on hold until picked up by the next available representative. Is this possible with my system? I do not know too much about this system as it is fairly new. I just want them to hang out in space until they are answered but dont know how to make this happen or if it is possible. Thanks for any help you may have.
did you discuss these needs with your vendor before you purchased the equipment ?
Posted By: KLD Re: NEC DSX / Auto Message and Place on Hold? - 12/15/10 09:01 PM
Matt....I have to agree with Skip....there are some inventive ways to "hang" callers, depending on the equipment installed and the vendor.

Good Luck.
It is possible to do what you would like with the DSX, but you will need a tech to program the system for you
I agree. But it will cost you.
Posted By: RonP Re: NEC DSX / Auto Message and Place on Hold? - 12/17/10 10:29 AM
It is possible to have all calls go to a call routing mailbox (auto attendant greeting) with the time out feature sending it to a UCD group. Best to have a tech set it up for you.
Posted By: ssok Re: NEC DSX / Auto Message and Place on Hold? - 12/17/10 09:43 PM
Well, to be completely honest with you these needs were voiced and discussed prior to having the unit set up. The main issue is the technician that came and set it up seemed to lack the knowledge that the saleman convinced me of. I have asked him several times about setting it up as I have described with responses of "it wont do that". I just wanted to check into what its capabilities are before I question him on what it can or cant achieve. I am not sure the technician has the ability to properly program my system to meet my intended goals. Is there a way to have someone connect remotely to program these features? Thanks so much for your help.

Matt
Posted By: RonP Re: NEC DSX / Auto Message and Place on Hold? - 12/18/10 04:17 AM
The DSX is limited compared to its bigger brother, the SV8100. With the 8100, you can get Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) which gives the caller the option to opt out of line and leave a message, periodic delay messages, etc. With the UCD programming I referred to, a call gets transferred to the group and either rings until answered or ends up in a mailbox where the caller leaves a message. A suggestion would also be to have some type of Message On Hold (MOH) device installed on the system informing the caller a little bit about your company while he or she is waiting.
As for the tech not knowing what he's doing, it's possible he hasn't taken the time to learn the ins and outs of the system. Ask the company to send some one else out. If that doesn't work for you, contact NEC in Shelton, Ct and ask for the name of another dealer in your area.
I know KS is a big state but you might PM KLD Ken and see if can help you or suggest someone

you can also post in request a installer forum here . DSX is available to anyone so there is a good chance the company you bought it from isn't certified on the system

I wouldn't present a invoice or expect my customer to make the final payment until everything was working 100% have you paid them yet ?
PM sent
@ssok: My advice would be to make the installer perform to specification.

(I am not a lawyer -- this is not advice -- see a lawyer).

You should have had a "scope of work" as part of your installation contract. Hold that up in front of them and say, "Either you perform to these specs or we will get legal on your backside."

Try talking to the owner of the company that did the install, if you cannot get satisfaction from the salesman and the technician. Document precisely what impact this has on your company, including, if possible, lost business. As a last resort, you may need to take the installer to court.

Forcing these less-than-professional installers to perform as promised is good for the industry. You'd be doing us all a favor to help these guys decide that this is the wrong business to be in if they're not going to be professional.
Posted By: ttech Re: NEC DSX / Auto Message and Place on Hold? - 12/19/10 05:51 AM
Tell the Salesman that said it could do it to come in and make it work.

As a tech I know first hand that the sales man will promise the world but don't have the hands on knowledge of all of the quirks of the system.
Posted By: eriway Re: NEC DSX / Auto Message and Place on Hold? - 01/01/11 04:57 PM
Call Queuing

Use IntraMail to send callers into a queue loop:

--------------------
"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info removed because it does not belong in public forum. Contact poster or administrator if you want a copy
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help