Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#23974 04/06/10 01:30 PM
tel2600 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Adit 600 channel bank on my asterisk switch, when I dial an extension that automatically answers and terminates the line. It will not release the line when I hang up the calling phone.
I believe the adit is capable of reverse battery possibly lapse of battery for a period.
However I am not sure how to set up asterisk to tell the channel bank what to do on hang up.
Does anyone have any ideas.?
Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#23975 04/06/10 02:38 PM
This will probably be moved to the VoIP section (or the T1 section might be even better..)

Assuming that unit can do what you are asking, I think that would be configured through the management access port on the channel bank. I don't think those units have a serial port for connecting a terminal, but rather an ethernet port for craft access.

How is the asterisk switch connected to the channel bank? - do you have a T1 card in a PC?

Jim
Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.

#23976 04/06/10 02:50 PM
99% sure you will want to configure the T1 port for the channel bank as "kewlstart". This is basically loop start with a quick no voltage followed by a reversed polarity then regular dialtone comes back. Basically the mess at the end is disconnect supervision for loop start.

Under zaptel.conf you would want this (if using zaptel):

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxoks=1-24

Under zapata.conf/chan_dahdi.conf you would want this:

signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1-24

The above is assuming you are configuring the channel bank on your first T1 span and that you have 24 FXS ports on the channel bank to use. If it's your second or third or X T1 span then just change the channel definitions. If you are using FXO ports on the channel bank then change 'fxo' to 'fxs' in the above code snippets.

If you want to try straight loop-start then change all occurrences of 'ks' to 'ls'. If by some freaky coincidence you have real ground start lines then change 'ks' to 'gs'.

Irregardless, you will need to completely restart asterisk and zaptel/dahdi to load any changes.

#23977 04/08/10 02:43 AM
Forgive me if I'm veering off topic here, but does anyone know who actually makes the Adit 600? I got curious about it and wanted to learn more, and while I can find lots of people selling them I can't seem to find the company itself.. These daily mergers and buyouts are getting hard to keep up with!

Jim
Soon to become part of HyperMegaGlobal Corporation

#23978 04/08/10 02:50 AM
Never mind.

https://www.force10networks.com/

Jim
Time is God's way of making sure things don't all happen at once.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,906 Shoretel
190,037 CTX100 install
188,226 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 81 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024