web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
This is the second DSX I have installed, and have no problems with the hardware, LAN admin, or phones themselves. I do have some issues with Intramail, namely these two:

1. When an extension presses the voicemail button, (or goes through 700 to access another vm box,) it sits there for 10-11 seconds and then finally goes into the voicemail. Is this normal or can this be shortened?

2. The bigger issue is that some extensions don't seem to have voicemail. When you hit the vmail button it just says Talking to Voice Mail 1, I went into the programming and made sure that the mailboxes for these extensions were set to personal, AND even copied working extension profile to one that won't work, and no changes. Any ideals here? I'm almost to the point of repunching the extensions to make sure I can get emails on the extensions that I need. (BTW I also in vain tried to change the extension numbers of the stations, but that didn't seem to change anything either.)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1. What it is doing is ringing the phone for that ammount of time.

2. Do these extensions have phones with them or are they guest extensions? When you log into 4121 for the mailbox does it say personnel and active?

10-11 seconds to answer, something is wrong. How many voice mail ports? Have you tried calling each one separate?

Have you changed anything in the numbering plan?

We get old too soon, smart too late
Do you have this problem on both DSX systems?

If this problem exists on only the one site, then it could point to a faulty IntraMail card.

If it happens on both, then this is not so likely.

OP Offline
Ok, thanks for the many replies, I will do my best to answer each in order...

Say I pick up x 307 and hit vmail, it just sits in silence for about 10 seconds and then finally goes into the voice mail. But say x305, it just sits there and says Talking to Voice Mail.

The extensions I am trying to get working have phones with them. The settings are for personal, but I don't know about te active part.

I believe the card has 4 vmail ports, no one else is using the system b/c it's not working properly. I haven't tried to call each extensions voice mail, only the ones with phones on them, (4)

I had reset the system to default, but then after that came up with the same issue, I decided to change the numbering plan to see if the extension number had anything to do with it, but no change on that. I didn't change anything else other than the extension number for a pair of phones, swapped 313 with 305, (313 had vmail working, so I hoped by switching to 305 it would follow, - seems to be tied to the station number not the extension?

I do not have vmail on the other system.

First go in and check what mailboxes are active for your extensions. In order for a station to have a mailbox it has to be active. You might have it set for personel but if it is not active it doesn't exist.

2nd your 4 port voicemail card gets assigned extension numbers. call those extension mumbers. You should see something like calling voice mail #1 or calling voice mail #2

What software is on your voicemail card by the way? Have you tried sticking the card in a reader and using the intramail utillity to find the software version and update if needed.

Does the delay occur when you dial 700 (VM pilot)?.... or just when you hit the VM button?

The voice mail extensions are 500, 501, 502, 503... if you dial these extensions individually, do you still get the delay?

When you dial any other extension, such as 301, 303, 308, is there also a delay?

You need to narrow this down as to whether it is a voice mail issue or ICM dialing issue.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
Sounds to me like you have a bad IntraMail card. I recommend calling NEC Tech Support for a replacement.

OP Offline
Ok, sorry to ask but crisco3 I'm not sure of the intramail util to find the software version of the card. I know the cpu card has the latest, but I don't know about the intramail card. And yes it says Calling Voice Mail #1 or #2, but just stays there forever.

As far as the delay goes, it doesn't matter if I use one of the 500 ext or if I use the 700, it still does the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,992
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,453 Shoretel
190,735 CTX100 install
189,210 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, Rupert, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (juno), 92 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024