web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
My customer has a DS-2000 with IntraMail that I just installed. He wants to put 2 greetings on his mailbox (ext 301). He wants the "night" button to control which greeting will be active. In other words, day mode uses greeting #1 and night mode uses greeting #2. I looked through the manual to see if it can be done and it doesn't look good. Anyone know any tricks?
Ted

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Ted,
Your customer can have 3 greetings in his mailbox - he will just have to go into VM and select which will be active. Press VM (or MW), Greetings, then Greet 1, Greet 2 or Greet 3, then exit to change the active greeting.

Bill

Our most valuable products are our knowledge, experience and time.
OP Offline
Bill,
Thanks, My customer is a law firm. He wants all his people to put 2 greetings on their mailboxes. He doesn't want his people or himself to make the switch or even have to think about it. He wants all greetings to change from 1 to 2 or back with the night switch button. He claims the system that he left behind when he moved had that feature. It was a Panasonic. I don't know the model. I'm hoping that there is a way to program the DS-2000 to do the same. If it can't be done it sure would make a good revision change for a software update.

Ted

I think you're outta luck. Each mailbox owner chooses which greeting to play and it won't be controlled by time of day. I also doubt the Panasonic did this either.

Yes, unfortunately the only way to change which mailbox greeting is active is to log into that mailbox and manually select a different greeting.
It is however very easy to do, especially if they have display phones.

OP Offline
They want the greeting to change whether they are in the office or not so they automaticly have a day message and a night message. I have told them that it may not be available. Thay are not pleased. They didn't specify the option when they asked for my quote so I had no idea until I was programming and they asked me about it. They all say that it was on the Panasonic. I want to find out what model. It would be a neat feature. They were talking about having the receptionist run around and make the greeting change each AM and PM.

NEC, if you are reading this, How about in the next rev? Maybe?

Are they sure that they used to have each personal greeting switch from day to night. Maybe it was just a generic company greeting that went directly to a general mailbox that had message notification on all the phones. If that's the case just use a 'message center' key.

Do you still have the old system so that you can check it yourself.

Anyone from any phone can log into other mailboxes by dialing ICM 700, so the receptionist can make the greeting changes to each mail box from her phone. If the users have setup pass codes than of course she will need to know them.

Dan S

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Good idea but a security concern. Recptionists are fairly low on the food chain at this company.
Not always the same person. I will try to find out the Panasonic model number FYI. Another company is using it now and another vendor helps them out.

It was probably the PanaVoice 1.1 used with the DBS product. It was OEM by Active voice and they had the option for day night based on what schedule your mailbox was assigned. A great feature!

"Instinctively Telecom"

Paul
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,978
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,346 Shoretel
190,612 CTX100 install
189,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Greg Ercolano), 152 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024