web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#229041 09/11/05 12:20 AM
OP Offline
We've added two new lines to our current NEC Elite. The two new lines do not ring at the receptionist's phone, though the lines show green for that port in the day and night ringing program 4-01. They also do not pick up when the hand set is lifted. When calls come in on the new lines, the line flashes red without volume.

These lines are a sublessor's lines. I had the same problem the last time we added two lines for another sublessor, (still in the system). When the tech came out, he said, "The volume wasn't turned on." It sounds like there is a simple fix, but I haven't figured it out. I am hitting transfer to write my changes.

Here's what else I know (or don't know):
1. Each office has their own auto attendant. Does that mean "tenants" have been setup? How could I tell?

2. The two new lines are set to trunk group 00. Our lines are in trunk group 01. The other sublessor's lines are in trunk group 02. I tried changing the trunk group for the new lines to 01, 02 or 03, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

3. The Ringing Line Preference Selection is set to YES for this station, but I still can't answer the phone going off-hook.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to why I can't get these lines to ring and/or pickup with the handset.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#229042 09/11/05 07:05 AM
some things to check:

3-92 make sure the new lines are set for mf. if they are set for non that means that they don't exist.

2-01 trunk to tenent

2-06 linekey selection for tenent

3-62 dit for tenent

4-09 phone to tenent assignment

3-03 put the new lines in the same trunk group as the others in the same company

the different greetings is done inside the vm. you'll have to have cosessions in order to add the new lines there.

in the system setup screen. on the switch setup line. there will be a bunch of stuff but look for something that starts off tm1-2=??? tm3-4=??? and so on. that means that trunks 1&2 go to the box after the =. and trunks 3&4 will go to a different box and so on. you'll need to add on to that line with your 2 new trunks and point them to whatever box it needs to go to.

[This message has been edited by chrislebeck (edited September 11, 2005).]

#229043 09/11/05 11:35 AM
OP Offline
chrislebeck,

Thank you for the response. I'm guessing seperate tenants have not been created, (we have one receptionist who answers the three company's lines from the same phone). Here is what I've found:
3-92: lines set to mf.
2-01: All lines read "01:TRK-TN |01"
2-06: For the first new line, it reads "LO8=CO 08" It is the eighth line. For the second new line, it reads "LO9=NON".
3-62: All lines read "DIT=TNT00"
4-09: All ports read "Tenant=OO"
3-03: Put new lines in trunk group 03 instead of 00, (other two company's lines are in trunk group 01 and 02).

Each company currently has their own seperate autoattendant and voicemail box.

Could not determine where to go for teh system setup screen. Specifically, I have a Electra Elite and am programming by phone.

Again, any help is much appreciated. Nothing I have done makes these two lines ring, but I can't see how they are set up differently than the second company's lines other than the trunk group.

Thank you.

#229044 09/11/05 11:45 AM
OP Offline
To clarify, the two new lines are the first two lines for the third business. When calls come in, they flash red on the receptionist's phone, but don't ring. (They don't ring on any extension in the office.) Other than this, the lines function the same as the other lines.

Again, in 04:01, the lines are green.

Thanks again.

#229045 09/12/05 09:10 AM
OP Offline
Thank you chrislebeck for trying to help me. After thinking how everything seemed to be in place, I kept searching and found that I was incorrectly reading the Day Ring display, as explained here:

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum14/HTML/000691.html

Obviously, such a simple problem and an easy answer--but only for the sake of this board and people like looknow12, who posted what he learned when he didn't have to.

Again, thank you for your time, chrislebeck.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,978
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,321 Shoretel
190,596 CTX100 install
189,077 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 114 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024