Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#224156 10/10/08 09:32 AM
OP Offline
Has anyone ever had to deal with bad one way audio on the Allworx. On the CPE's I hear crystal clear sound, however the far end the voice is choppy. This is a 6x system fully IP. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#224157 10/10/08 01:01 PM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
You don't give us alot of details. I'm assuming that you're trying to get a remote phone up and running.

1. Are you sure it's programmed right? Are you sure the 6X is programmed right?

2. Do you have enough bandwidth at both ends?

3. Are you up on the internet on one end and trying to get the phone to work at the same time. I have heard that that has happened---we have not been able to have that happen with three remote phones at three different residential locations---but it may happen if the right circumstances are in place.

4. Have you called Allworx support??

5. Have you called your vendor support people.

6. Where was this system purchased?

I'm assuming that you are an Allworx dealer. There are various "tweaks" that can be done---we have yet to have to change anything from the default, yet---everytime we have installed a remote phone---it just worked. The only thing that has stopped us from being 100% have been firewalls that we ran into at a prospective client's location--where a sales person was trying to do an on-site demo.

Good luck.

#224158 10/13/08 12:44 AM
When you say "fully IP" do you mean that they are using IP trunks too? If so this could certainly be a part of the issue. When you say "far end" do you mean an off site Allworx telephone or a separate person that you are calling from the Allworx system? If it is an Allworx extension then it could be a bandwidth problem.

Steve

#224159 10/13/08 03:09 PM
OP Offline
Ok... Let me give more info.. I am the CLEC providing the SIP trunks to an Allworx 6x. Our Switch is providing SIP trunks to the allworx along with many other SIP PBX's. I am trying to help the Dealer we have as an agent. We have tried adjusting the buffer Jitter and no joy. That is the only trunk setting I can really play with on my side. We are dealing with the Tech support now for Alworx but I wanted to see if anyone here has worked out the issue to expidite the repair. We have verified the network connection, using new switches, its not a firewall issue.. Basically the only issue we have is the voice quality coming from the Alworx. Voice quality to the Alworx is good.. Hope this helps explain things.

#224160 10/14/08 12:44 AM
We have never had problems with voice quality coming from Allworx servers, as a matter of fact I have always been impressed by the voice quality of Allworx telephones. We have had problems with people that had SIP trunks, though not on Allworx systems.

Is the jitter happening on all calls, some calls, calls to specific locations, etc? Again though, what is the speed of the connection being used?

Steve

#224161 10/14/08 01:57 AM
What are you hearing from Allworx support??

We, too have not had any issues with voice quality coming from the Allworx server. The jiter buffer size is defaulted for each phone at 80ms. We have never had to touch that setting ever.

Allworx tech support usually can put a handle on most problems. Let us know what the outcome is.

Of all of our installations---every problem generally stemmed from non-Allworx issues--mainly having to do with programming issues with switches that the IT guys were not aware of.

#224162 10/16/08 03:32 AM
OP Offline
The Jitter is just happening on the transmit side from the Allworx. Bandwith doesn't seem to be an issue as they are on a 20MB connection. The Jitter is happening on all calls. It doesnt matter if the call is inbound or outbound the Allworx side always hears the jitter but the other side is clear.

#224163 10/16/08 04:32 AM
OK, so your reports are conflicting. In your first post you say it is the far side that gets the jitter, in your last post you say that it is the Allworx side. Which is it? Or is it intermittent on both? I am not trying to be difficult, I am just trying to get the symptoms straight.

Is it all handsets? Also, is there jitter between internal calls? Are the Allworx phones on their own network or are they sharing the network with PC's? How are the SIP trunks delivered? What is the upstream rate? Has the dealer for the system done anything on site? Is there even a dealer or did the customer put this in themselves?

Steve

#224164 10/16/08 05:18 PM
And to add one more to tampasteve. What/who are they using as an ISP?

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
#224165 10/22/08 03:02 PM
OP Offline
Ok Here is the Clarification. Yes they are on all handsets, yes they are using a Vendor who is all but stumped. They are on the same network as the PC's but with QOS set. Maybe I don't explain it clearly as far as the jitter.
Allworxs to far end....crappy and Lots of Jitter
Far end to Allworxs.... Clear
No Jitter Allworx to Allworx
ISP...Brighthouse 20Mb connection I believe..

I am thinking this might be over tweeking by the Vendor on the Ethernet switch. Hope this clarifies things. Thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,907 Shoretel
190,068 CTX100 install
188,242 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024