Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#221997 03/29/04 07:38 AM
Corwyn Offline OP
OP Offline
Just curious. What was it that you didn't like about this system? And what other system you know of that will give you 6x8 with auto attendant 2 hours of VM that doesn't have any port issues?

Corwyn

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#221998 03/29/04 08:24 AM
Cory,

If you use the search engine in this forum you can see the Bizfone posts, good & bad.

I can tell you what I don't like.
1) you must buy a demo to deal it. (I did)
2) phones require a transformer
3) They sell to end users
4) The Customer Care - annual extended warranty - takes from our service contract sales.
5) I've had a 50% failure rate after initial warranty on systems without a Customer care purchase (strange huh)
I no longer offer the product.

Of your 9 posts 2 were referring people to look at the Bizfone. Do you work for them or are you just a fan? Anyway, don't let it make you feel bad, many people on this forum are not fans of my favorite, the dx80.

mark

#221999 03/29/04 11:35 AM
Like markk says everyone has there favorites and gripes about others. Its just a matter of preference.

#222000 03/29/04 11:49 AM
I was wandering about the Bizphone product and its reliability. Markk thanks for the last post, it made my decision about getting involved with it. I too am a DX80 fan, I just wish that they would offer a 6 or 12 button phone for it. Has anyone ever heard of the Plexis system by BBS Telecom( www.bbstelecom.com )?

#222001 03/29/04 12:01 PM
Corwyn Offline OP
OP Offline
Mark,

I am a dealer for them, along with Panasonic, Vodavi, Avaya and Talkswitch, and with almost 600 units out in the field and in service. I've had less then 6 unit fail in OR out of warranty.
So perhaps you've just had bad luck with them, or I've had great luck. I don't know.

As for buying a demo. What mfg. doesn't require that? I know the Panny analogs and Avaya ACS, but Panny kxta is sold at pennies over cost by a score full of dot coms and the Avaya training is nearly as much as buying a demo. Other system - All the ones I've considered carrying, Toshiba, ESI, Televantage wanted me to commit to $4K-10K worth of not for sale equipment.

It's definately NOT a system for large users, but I've got at least a 100 istalls I can think of that are 16-24 CO's.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to configure VM. Panasonic, even on the new kxtaw848 still forces you to use a hyperterminal to program VM. How lame is that, when they give you a windows interface to program the system.
Avaya still can not be fuly programmed with the PC interface, even though they say so and require you to use the PC for T1.
And I can sell you a complete Bizfon system for about the price of an R1 vms with 2 ports! Certainly for less than with a 6 port, and you get open port without losing extensions.
No, it can't do most of the advanced unified messaging stuff the R1 can do, but most small businesses, sub 12-20 CO's don't EVER use it anyway.

You're right, the simple programming and the tech support from the MFG cuts into margins for after install work etc. BUT I can install 3 bizfon systems in the same time it takes me to do one ACS with VM. plus there are ways around that if you want.

And you're right, It does suck that they sell direct, but 90% of users do not want to deal with installation anyway. This isn't really all that unusual either. Polycom, Plantronics, and a bunch of other peripheral mfgs sell direct.

Again, I am not even suggesting that it would replace advanced functions in ACS VMS or that it's better. But I think that the predominant opinion which seems to exist here that somehow it isn't a "real" system, or "you get what you pay for" is way off base. In a small user envirment I would, and DO, put it up against any system I carry without a second thought.
just my 2c.
Corwyn

#222002 03/30/04 01:22 PM
capitol’

I am a dealer of BBS Telecom. We sell Micro and Macro Plexus systems. Extremely flexible and powerful system, much better than Nortel, Toshiba, or any other big name brand yet affordable to small and medium size companies

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,445 Shoretel
190,720 CTX100 install
189,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024