Page 2 of 2 1 2
"What else you think it may be?"

Normal Operation

Scott
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Merida Offline OP
OP Offline
Scott,

Is there a way to go around this? We want the calls to go to the voice mail if the line is busy.

Thanks,

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
You'll need a vendor to help you with this. They'll need to assign/program your lines to go to your voice-mail system in a way that is adequate for you.

It is a bit confusing from a techs point of view as to what you want. A normal setup would work just the way yours is set up. A call comes in, you answer it, someone else calls and it rolls to the next line in hunt. This would allow your co-workers to answer the call.

It would appear to me that you're only wanting one incoming line. If that is the case, you could have the phone company remove your hunt group and forward callers directly to a voice-mail box that you rent from them when someone else is on the phone.

Is that correct, or are we missing some information?

Merida Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Nfcphoneman,

Our situation is that each one of us in the office has our own number. If someone calls me at my number I would want to either be able to take the call or have that person leave a voice mail if I am on the phone. Instead the calls roll over to another guy and then they get mad because they are getting my calls and they don't want to take any messages for me.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You need a tech to look into this for you. We simply don't have enough info to do much help here. You might be dealing with DID numbers, preset forwarding, all kinds of options. A tech needs to access system progrmming and look at a lot of different things.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
A busy analog line can only forward to another phone line or return a busy to the caller.

So how does the phone company make a busy line go to their voice messaging? By forwarding the call to another phone line. i.e. The phone number that you dial to retrieve your message.

In-house voice mail systems can only answer unanswered calls.

DID can simulate what the TelCo does. Upgrade to DID trunking and then you can send your busy number direct to an in-house voice mail - for as many callers as you have DID trunks.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Merida Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok Dave , I see what you're saying. Thanks to you and evryone else for their assistance. You guys do a great job, specially when dealing with people like me that are the end users and do not have experience.

Thanks again to all.

Yunior

Merida Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Dave,

Today I just noticed that when someone calls us our line rings and rings and it doesn't going into voicemail. I think I did something while I was working to try to resolve the other issue you were helping me with. You think that perhaps I messed up some timers?
Please help. Thanks,

Merida, I am currently dealing with a rogue program on my pc which is also interfering in responding to your pm. the most likely cause of VM no answer is a failing hard drive. This is assuming that you have a vodavi dispatch vm on your triad 1. Try unplugging the 18VAC plug from the VM unit for 10 seconds. plug it back in and wait about 3 minutes. if it answers, it suggests the hd is failing.
One other possibility is that you pressed the DND button on sta 100. It toggles between day/night/special. However, if the line's CO preset was programmed, this won't apply. But just make sure that the DND button is not lit or blinking. It should have been relabeled as DNS or Night on the attendant phone anyway.
Good luck

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

I think what is happening here is that they have a say for arguement sake 3 line hunt group.

Line 1 is 555.444.1234
Line 2 is 555.444.1235
Line 3 is 555.444.1236
Each person seems to be using one of the lines as their own DID. I fthe person on using line one is on there phone it is obviously going to go to line 2 and so on.

What you need to do is tell the phone company you need to have their VM on each line and for each line NOT to roll over but to forward to VM on busy.

This will pretty much make your internal vm not used except ofr interoffice calls.

Scott
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,443 Shoretel
189,211 CTX100 install
187,454 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (www.telcom1.net, JBean3329), 112 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024