web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I've set our Vodavi system and voicemail up after moving and have one missing link. What did the phone guy do 5 years ago to make the phones ring. I'm hoping one of you will know the answer right off the bat.

In a nutshell, I need to make all of the extensions ring when ext 116 rings. When people call in, they can either enter an extension number or press zero to ring all the phones. Pressing zero rings ext 116, and when that happened, all of the extensions would ring, and anyone could pick up the call. If no one answered, it went to ext 116 VM, our "general office voicemail".

When I hooked the system up at the new place, most of the programming was still there (CO ringing had become enabled, and I had reprogram transfer to 440 voicemail on several extensions.

I don't know what our phone guy did to set that up. I believe that may have been the one thing he did that was not in the dated manual that I had, because I followed most of the phone programming. I've forgotten it all now and am re-learning what I must from the manual.

I can't remember if ext 116 had to prompt indicating it was going to 440 voicemail or not. I believe it did but can't be positive. I haven't had time to learn about hunt groups again to try to see if he defined a group to somehow ring when ext 116 rang.

Does anyone have any ideas? If I'm correct, it was simple and just not in the manual I have.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jay Cordova

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Quick way to do it is setup call coverage buttons. Just sucks you have to go to each phone. But basically when someone presses 0 it will ring 116 and bout a ring and half later all other phones coving that extension will ring as well. But the vm for ext 116 will pick up first. I usually do it this way cause it give the user the option to turn it off if they want. Like I said you have to do this at each phone and it takes up a flex button.

Speed
speed
flex button you want to use

OP Offline
Thanks very much. I'll try this out and let you know what we come up with.

I'm essentially programming a flex button that each user can engage & disengage at will using that button? I'll check the manual tomorrow for coverage button.

Thx again,

Jay Cordova

Not so much engage and disengage. I teach them how to program that button as well as erase the button so they can cover any phone they want. Erasing the button is pretty easy so its not that big of a deal. That also means I dont have to go back everytime they change their mind. (not that I mind a service call!lol)

To erase flex button-
Speed
Speed
flex button you used for coverage
flash

If you want the other extensions to ring a few more times before the vmail with the call coverage on the other phones just extend your timer before it goes to vmail. I have one locations where the sec rings three times then the back office three times total of six times for the sec then to vmail.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,979
Members49,780
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,360 Shoretel
190,626 CTX100 install
189,124 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (R4+Z), 101 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024