Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#206830 05/21/12 07:51 AM
mj_wald Offline OP
OP Offline
So, they would like the queue to overflow to a answering service if no is is logged in or available.

"Reroute when disable" only works when they are all logged out.

So I created a new action to do the transfer and set it up under Alarms. My trouble is when I select "Available Agents + Supers <=>". How do I tell it that I want = or < or >, It only lets me put a number in the next field, no qualifiers.

Or is there a easier way to do this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#206831 05/30/12 09:08 AM
Just create a new pilot DN with the phone number to the answering service. Route the acd calls to that pilot DN when the group is disabled.

#206832 05/30/12 04:30 PM
I see what you are trying to do, you want the ACD system to treat agents that use the unavailable the same as if they were logged out. I am not sure what you are trying to do with the actio parameters, but I don't think you will get it to work the way you want it.

The 1st problem is that you are looking at scripts for the alram/notification actions. If you look at actions, you can not create a call transfer action for the alarms. These are used as pages/notifications, etc. If you knew how to cusstomize scripts, then there would be a small possibility.
If you were able to create an action that forwards externally when no agents were available, I think it would trigger every time a call enters the queue. After all, the call is in the queue becasue no agents are available to take a call either becasue they are unavavailable or on a a call.

I thiknk the best chance is to just work with the customer and be clear that the agents must log out at the end of the day, or when gone for extented periods. Have it become part of their job, and the supervisors, to be sure that people are not set to unavailable. I don't know if you have other tools, like Taske reporting, but you can at leasthave them use an ACD status key.

Also, you can set hours on the group so after a set time, the queue is closed/disabled. You can also have it overflow after a set amount of time.

#206833 05/31/12 03:09 AM
mj_wald Offline OP
OP Offline
Ya, I had finally figured out that using the alarms was not going to cut it. The trouble with just using the queue disabled is that if all agents are unavailable the queue is not considered disabled.

So I have been messing with voice script editor, and using the SERVREQ,QUERYACD,1131,%M command.

1131 is my queue number.

This is suppose to return the number of available agents in the given acd group, however it appears to return the number of available agents in ALL groups.

Maybe my syntax is incorrect, not much information in the PDF on doing this.

#206834 05/31/12 03:24 AM
mj_wald Offline OP
OP Offline
correction

SERVREQ,LVL2OAI,QUERYACD,|1131|,|%M|

#206835 05/31/12 05:58 AM
I see where you are going with that. The only thing I am seeing as a possible issue is if the available agents would be not only agents set as unuavailable, but also agents current busy on a call. Any time a caller hits the queue, the number of available agents would be 0, otherwise the call would be passed to an availble agent.

I am also one to look outside the box for an answer. I am just thinking that while you will definately learn a few things about the system, you may be heading towards a dead end. I have never done scripting so I would have nothing to offer as assistance in this.

mj_wald #544277 01/25/13 11:48 AM
I know this is old but I believe the parm you are looking for in the acd actions tab is %E this tells you how many agents are idle with there phones logged in. Then you pass it as a global variable into the script.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,992
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,447 Shoretel
190,722 CTX100 install
189,207 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024