Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Administrator
Administrator
You know the real sad part about this is Truper has spent a untold number of hours to solve this when a Toshiba Tech could have the answer and this issue solved in a few minutes.

Truper do yourself a favor call a Toshiba Dealer the few $ you spend will be worth it in the long run. I know of 2 that service your area. CommWorld of Orlando and us. smile
We'll even take sometime with you to install a network programmer for your voicemail and train you how to use it.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Truper Offline OP
OP Offline
SSPhone,
Thank you SSPhone I will keep CommWorld in mind. I am a tinkerer and I love resolving problems myself until it gets to a dangerous point then I call the experts.

petersog,
I have checked the extensions as RRino stated on the stratagy and they are correct. Steve is correct as well that exisitng mailboxes ext can be changed and the blind txfr can be added or removed as well. I have also canceled all forwarding on the phone at ext 20 using #601, #602, #603, #604 and #670. I added forwarding back using #602 CFB to ext 42 which is the voicemail. This did not resolve the issue.

I also discovered that this usually happens only if the caller is calling from a cell phone. I had someone call from a SLT at another business and, wait for the attendant and dial ext 20. It went to the correct extension (20). Any ideas about this finding?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Could still be a bad dtmf reciever.

Truper Offline OP
OP Offline
I unplugged the cord from stratagy port |, plugged it into the SLT and got a dial tone. I then dialed 20 and got the correct person at 20 and dialed 17 and got the right person at 17.

What is my next step?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Do you have VoIP trunks?

Had this problem in the past with a ctx 100 new out of the box. Customer was having problems with callers calling in and not going to correct mailboxes or unable to admin their mailboxes from the outside world via cell phones only. Customer didn't want to spring for the extra cost of smdi and we already gave away the farm to them to get the job so they told us to pull the switch. We removed it sold it and installed it elsewhere and works great with dtmf tones. NEXT STEP if you are confident that it is mainly cell phone calls have someone outside your area call in you may a bad tower in your area or weak signal, weirder things have happen with digital signals. Sometimes we cannot control everything that comes into us.

Truper Offline OP
OP Offline
phonemeister,

We are using phones set up by our local cable company so I believe these are VoIP and I am 99% sure that our problems started when we went to cable.

petersog,
I had someone call outside the area on their cell phone and as you suspected her call went to the correct extension. She dialed 20 and got 20.

So, is it a problem with the weak tower or VoIP?
Who should I call to look into the issue?

Start with your cable company

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,992
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,447 Shoretel
190,721 CTX100 install
189,207 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Greg Ercolano, ChrisRR), 113 guests, and 97 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024