Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#193189 04/09/08 04:57 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You're right mj, Firefox is a no go.

You must be using IE and no toolbars (especially Google, I've seen it do funky things to eManager).

Also turn off any anti-virus and firewall programs completely.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#193190 04/09/08 05:22 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by Bearacuda:
You should use the default "XXXXXX"
Please do not post passwords.

#193191 04/09/08 09:18 AM
Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Well switched to IE, made sure there was no toolbar, checked to make sure the firewall was off and this computer has not virus protection

I cannot figure out what could have happened since I used it last. I don't think that I have even used this laptop except for one remore session since I logged onto the phone system last.

Also this is version Emanager 5.01 A07. I set the system to use IE as the default, uninstalled, removed all temporary files, cleared the cache, restarted the computer and resinstalled again and I am still getting the same thing.

I don't see how it could be a wrong password since it actually asks for the password during the setup and I made sure to type it slowly so that I knew what I typed. It also has to verify the password so that means I had to type it twice. With allof that there is no way that I could be typing it wrong.

I can ping the phone box also, so I know the connection is still good, but from the first comment that should not matter yet since it is a local login at first.

Thanks for any other info.
Scott

#193192 04/09/08 02:38 PM
As several people have already said, if you can't get past the username password bit, it is definately a software problem. eManager is a notoriously buggy program, especially with reinstalls and the like. The latest version support IE7 and most versions of vista (but not all), but doesn't seem to like windows XP sp3, but is happy with sp2.

Also keep in mind that the username and password are both case sensitive. I presume people have PM'd the default username and password (which is what you will have to use if you have a fresh install), take note of the case they are using for both.

#193193 04/09/08 06:53 PM
Just 1 point:

The password you use to log into emanager is NOT the same password you typed in during the install.

That password you typed in slowly, will never have to be typed in again. It is used to create a Windows user account for eManager.

Use the default User/Password. If no one PM'd you by now, it's in the manual. Press F1 in emanager.

#193194 04/10/08 01:42 AM
Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
I have not been PMd, but I do have the manual and was using that username and password. I did not know that the username was case sensitive though. I will try with both a small 'a' and a capitol 'A' and see if that works. I have tried both, but I may not have on the last reinstall.

Thanks again.
Scott

#193195 04/10/08 04:31 AM
Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. I guess I finally got the right combination of case and got logged in. Now I don't get the screen that I use to though. I use to get the main screen that had the advanced configuration and such, but now I don't get that far.

I assume that the resinstall did away with some settings. Now I wish that I had not reinstalled. I have a feeling that the main problem was that we had set IE as the default browser when we set this up and then it got switched back to Firefox. If I had just switched back to IE in the first place then I probably would have been good to go.

I went into the Equipment Editor and gave the CIX/CTX an IP and named it school. I then went to Select Equipment and then to Strata CIX/CTX Network and School, but underneath that is CIX/CTX which is greyed out. I went ahead and highlighted 'School' and clicked connect, but I get the following:

VBScript
Failed to connect to CIX/CTX 192.168.254.253
ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_CALL_AGENT

VBScript
CIX/CTX device cannot be connected.

Is there something else that I need to set up? I must be missing something, but from the manual it looks like I have done what I need to. I have also tried to set the subnet mask to both 255.255.0.0 and 255.255.255.0 to make sure that is not causing some problems, but neither worked.

Thanks.
Scott

#193196 04/10/08 04:42 AM
sph Offline
In Equipment Editor, make sure that you have entered the correct text for "Community". The default text can be found in the CIX manual. Without it, the CIX will not accept the connection.

#193197 04/10/08 04:57 AM
Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. That took care of it. I had just missed that when reading the manual. Looks like I am good to go. All this so I could correct a mispelled name and set the time (which I already did when I found out I could do it from a phone), but at least I am good to go for next time.

I will say that this looks pretty insecure. It looks like anyone could actually get the software and manual and just walk up and plug into our system and mess with it if they wanted. I would have thought that the system would need to be authenticated against also to gain access.

Thanks for all the help. This board is wonderful.
Scott

#193198 04/10/08 10:50 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If somebody has access to your communications room and phone system without you knowing about it, then the security lapse isn't in the phone system.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,818
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,443 Shoretel
189,216 CTX100 install
187,455 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024