web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
xex2000 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a CIX/CTX 670 with apporx. 120 users. They are all setup in many different ways. I have one user that has 4 ext buttons setup in a circular hunt group and 5 buttons setup as phantoms. The last button is a DND button. Right now when he presses the DND button it disables all of his buttons and drops his call to his voice mail. What I am attempting to do or setup is when he presses the DND button to make it so the 5 phantoms are disabled but his 4 ext buttons still ring. I believe when you use the DND button it is a all or nothing thing. I am hoping to find a work around. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I dont think there is a work around for this. The only solution I can think of right now is instead of DND, just manually forward all calls to voicemail for the phantoms. That way all calls to the phantoms go to vm and all calls to the "ext" buttons ring through.

xex2000 Offline OP
OP Offline
RRino,
I was thinking of doing that, how ever I am sure you realize that any thing you rely on the end user to do they will mess up. I also thought of making a button to do the fowarding to voice mail, however I would need to make a button for each phantom which would be a waste of buttons. Thanks for the reply. Any one else

Yep, I feel your pain. You could get away with just 2 buttons, one with the call forward code and the other with the call forward cancel code so the user would push each PhDN and the button to turn on or off. Thats still alot of work for the end user though.

xex2000 Offline OP
OP Offline
RRino,
Thank would work with the less buttons being used, but you are correct with the end users. I have found out if you require then to do any thing it will not happen and some out it is our fault!!! Any more ideas let me know. I have call our toshiba rep and talked with them but they do not have a work around either. I am hoping some real world experince for people might have found some thing.

Make one Call forward-all button. After you assign it in eManager, you would go to the phone, enter user programing (#9876), and program the destination. At this time you would also press the DN buttons that will be fowarded by that call foward button. You should be able to light all the phantoms (if that phone is the owner)

After it is programed, you would press to activate which lights the button, and again to turn off. You could even replace the DND button. When you program the button, and select which DN or PhDNs are used, the other DNs (I believe) will no be affected by the call foward.

xex2000 Offline OP
OP Offline
Newtecky,
I will give that a try and let you guys know, thanks

newtecky's got it right.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
Interesting! So you light the PhDN's when you are in programming mode entering the destination? Provided that phone is the owner of the PhDN's of course. Ill have to give that a try.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,978
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,319 Shoretel
190,595 CTX100 install
189,074 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024