web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#191306 10/29/07 05:09 PM
OP Offline
I run an SMB IT consulting firm and we primarily stay on the data side of things (computers, servers, networking, web design & hosting). I have some phone experience (NEC 2400 & Inter-Tel 5000) from past jobs so I try to help out my clients when they just need help making administrative changes.

I recently picked up a new client that has a Toshiba Strata CTX28. They have 3 numbers ringing into the system and 6 extensions setup.

They are complaining that when all 6 exts are in use and someone tries to call in, it just rings and rings. They would like for it to go to the receptionist's VM at least. This seems like a simple CF-Busy/NA to me but I'm not familiar enough with this system and I'd like to see how the call routing is actually setup.

What software would I need to install on my laptop to connect to the system? Does it use ethernet or serial?

Does the CTX28 system have any ACD functionality by default or is that an add-on feature?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#191307 10/29/07 11:12 PM
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
PM Sent

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
#191308 10/30/07 01:13 AM
Administrator
Administrator
I have a question, You have 3 lines and 6 phones and all are on the phone? See where I am going with this it just doesn't add up. My guess if they are still getting ringing they have a 4th line not on the system. :shrug:

#191309 11/06/07 06:35 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies... I Finally got back over there to that office to look into this a bit more. I should not have quoted what the end-user told me.. they never explain it right, lol. I should have said that when the 3 lines were in use (not all 6 phones) the 4th call just rings and rings. IMO, they should either be getting a busy signal otherwise it sounds like call waiting is enabled or something. *shrugs

I got a copy of their phone bill so I see they have a 3-line business package from Bell/AT&T. No 4th line.

Basically there is a reception phone, the main office mgr's office phone, and then another phone in another office. The additional 3 phones are in exam rooms and kept on DND so they do not disturb the doctors/therapists while they are with patients. The exam room phones are for outbound calls or xtn-xtn calls only.

There could still be some information or condition that the office mgr is not relaying to me correctly, but it almost sounds like somehow an occassional call is sent to a DND station and then just rings.. no VM.

Voyager, thanks for the PM.. you've been a huge help so far.

I'm bookmarking this forum.. lots of great info on this site. You guys rock!

#191310 11/06/07 09:48 AM
If they only have 3 lines going into the system, and all three phone lines are in use, the caller would get a busy signal from the phone company. The call would never get into the system.
It sounds like there is a fourth line that is being rolled over to by the phone company. You are going to have to get in touch with the dial tone provider to find out how these lines are set up to roll over.
Perhaps they have call waiting on one line? If so, they need to remove that feature.

#191311 11/13/07 01:33 AM
check out what is in the box also ctx 28 comes 3X8 out of the box and able to expand to 16X6

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,315
Posts638,929
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,136 Shoretel
190,334 CTX100 install
188,723 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
jsaad 4
dans 4
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024