Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#181505 08/23/05 06:36 AM
Com-Sys Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys,

Ran acrossed a customer with the DK-280....having issues regarding outbound over the T1. Calls are coming in on the T1 but they can't make outbound calls.

They are using a Visual Networks CSU/DSU as the interface. AT&T is the providor. (They are not helpng in the matter)

They state that thecircuit is fine....then they say they are not getting a loop back from the PBX...(which should mean the CSU/DSU correct?)....All the programming in the DK-system looks to be in place as this set up has been working for several years.

I have exhausted every avenue...thus far...except talkig directly to an AT&T tech....

We even contacted AT&T to see how the cicuit is configured just to make sure that they have not changed anything on thier end which would be screwing us up.....They couldnt tell us how it was configured, but rather stated a tech would have to cal us "He would have all the answers" (Yeah right).....

Any thought on this issue.

Please help

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#181506 08/23/05 09:58 AM
First of all, I can't believe they can't tell you how it is set up! Crazy. second if you are getting incoming but not outgoing the first thing I would check is the cableing. Make sure everything is connected good. No cross overs or shorts.

Question: Was this a working T-1 that is now not working or a new install?

#181507 08/23/05 03:01 PM
Com-Sys Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

This T1 has been working for several years.....all the sudden it is not working. Customer first stated it stopped working...so they did a power reset....then he said it stopped working after the power reset....

Anyway...AT&T has been a big pain in th A$$....on this issue.

We gave them the circuit ID # just to make sure they hadnt changed the settings ontnthier end....and they said they could not tell us how it was programmed....that a Tech would have to call us back....finally they called and you know the game....Not thier fault....they don't supply dialtone...The circuit is fine....So I had them monitor the status of our call.....I grabbed the first channel and they stated they see me go off hook then immediate back on hook...and they see no digits I have dialed.....I recieve...Your call can not be placed as dialed..please hang up and try your number again 30390.....So I tell them what it says...and they have the nerve to tell me the Strata is giving me this recording.....BS...no system send out this pre recorded message....I seriously cant stand...Qwest/AT&T rejects....

I have a T1 card and a new CSU/DSU coming tomorrow....I am at a loss..

HELP

#181508 08/23/05 05:44 PM
What type of T-1 card is it?
Is their a heartbeat on the card?
the LED (PSYNC) should be flashing if it is solid red then you are slipping and check program *42 and make sure you are clocking from your provider
If you don't have a proper sysnc source from your provider then your out bound and inbound calls would be hit and miss. And most definately DATa like faxes will only receive half a page out of 3 pages.
On the CSU/DSU are their any red lights or transmission erors.
What happens when you put the loop back in the providers CSU do the lights stay the same after you plug it in-- do they go RED when you unplug it.
Have you hooked up to the card with your laptop using procomm or hyper terminal and read the errors?

#181509 08/24/05 04:11 AM
Com-Sys Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the help.....As you can tell I am not a Toshiba guy....but anyway.

The T1 card has a solid light and a blinking light. There are 7 leds on the T1 card. The top led is solid....#6 is blinking.

I have not plugged into this card although I have hypertermed into the CSU and it shows over 50,000 far end errors. There are no red lights on th CSU but there are 2 yellow lights. ????

#181510 08/24/05 09:43 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Have AT&T come out and test with a Tberd. From your description, it looks like the problem is with the network side.

#181511 08/24/05 12:47 PM
Com-Sys Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok here is where I am at.

I have replaced the RDTU-1 card in the system.....replaced the Cisual Networks CSU/DSU with an ADTRAN TSU 120.....

I am still at the same point.....Can recieve incoming T1 but no outgoing.

When I dial it says
"Your call can not be completed as dialed please check the number and dial again 30390"

Is there anything that anyone can think of internally that could be the issue...

I still swear that this is a AT&T issue wih the circuit........

PLEASE HELP

#181512 08/24/05 12:53 PM
It is most definately your providers issue, in my opinion.
Tell them you replaced all your equipment and the problem is with there equipment.
Don't show any doubt, otherwise they will point at you again. Insist they come to site to test.

#181513 08/24/05 04:54 PM
Com-Sys Offline OP
OP Offline
This is what I have been stating to the customer and AT&T since about 30 min into my initial call out....

I am the one in the lose lose situation.....Customer doesnt know who to believe.....I say AT&T ....AT&T says not us.....Even though I know with a 99% sureity that this is AT&T deal.....

These people are truly rejects......They need to be checking the software layers and not just testing layer 1 and saying...Hey..the circuit is good.....

I have truly been so stressed over this for the last 3 days.....

My customer can not make any outgoing calls via the T1....they need to be working...and I have exhausted what I can do from them.....short of selling them new hardware...and getting Sprint to bring me a new T1.....

I just can't see how anything has been overlooked internally or programming wise....

Any last thoughts...?

#181514 08/25/05 10:04 AM
Com-Sys Offline OP
OP Offline
AT&T swears our switch is providing the dial tone......

And this is the problem with the T1 only having dialtone on some circuits and not on others......

This switch isnt capable of providing dialtone correct?

Any thoughts

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,324
Posts638,973
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,304 Shoretel
190,587 CTX100 install
189,060 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (nfcphoneman, Toner, Memphisribs), 92 guests, and 97 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024