Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
wellsit Offline OP
OP Offline
ok, so I got the DK 280 operating properly. Now I'm trying to get it to talk to the vx mail system. I have the rrsu card and made the necessary changes in the programming for a 4 port card. The problem I'm having is geting tones out of the DK. Maybe I'm not connecting the proper way to the vx mail. I have it on port 032, so I intercom to 232 wait for the greeting and press *, but the star is not going thru. I've tried using speed dial to program in the * but that didn't work either. I've almost convinced myself that I'm not connecting correctly. Do you guys have any pointers?
Thanks in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

wellsit Offline OP
OP Offline
Forgot to mention that I have tried all of my ports, and verified at the ports that their is no tone.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Make sure there is a speed dial key programmed on the phone. Code 497. The * won't work without it. Its a Toshiba thing!

wellsit Offline OP
OP Offline
I programmed a system speed dial key and it still wont work. Maybe it shouldn't be a system speed dial but a station speed dial? I'll give that a try Monday

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Did you turn on led 17 for all vm ports in program 31?

wellsit Offline OP
OP Offline
I seem to remember doing that, but I'll double check it.

wellsit Offline OP
OP Offline
That was it, led 17 was not lit, so now it works.
I have a different problem now. I have 5 incoming numbers, but they ring at only one phone, ext 200. I've tried various things from the manual, but to no luck. While researching it last night I found program 32. Will this make it so all lines ring on all phones?
THanks a lot.

wellsit Offline OP
OP Offline
oh yeah, and I seem to be having trouble figuring out how to port the CO lines to specific VM boxes. Which program does that?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If you want the lines to ring to the voicemail and be answered by the main greeting then in programs 81-89 target either the first vm port or, depending on your software level, the distributed hunt group. If you want some of the lines to be answered by different greetings then you need to create phantom DNs and forward them to voicemail with the vm id codes of the mailbox. Then use programs *81, *84 and *87. If your software level does support these programs then you will have to use physical ports, call forward them to voicemail with the 656 codes and then use programs 81-89.

wellsit Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried to create PhDN's but it won't even let me into the proper program. I assume this means I don't have the proper software version. i guess I'll havce to use actual ports and fwd those then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,565 Shoretel
189,438 CTX100 install
187,601 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024