atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wellsit no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/05/04 06:13 PM
ok, so I got the DK 280 operating properly. Now I'm trying to get it to talk to the vx mail system. I have the rrsu card and made the necessary changes in the programming for a 4 port card. The problem I'm having is geting tones out of the DK. Maybe I'm not connecting the proper way to the vx mail. I have it on port 032, so I intercom to 232 wait for the greeting and press *, but the star is not going thru. I've tried using speed dial to program in the * but that didn't work either. I've almost convinced myself that I'm not connecting correctly. Do you guys have any pointers?
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: wellsit Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/05/04 06:14 PM
Forgot to mention that I have tried all of my ports, and verified at the ports that their is no tone.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/05/04 06:52 PM
Make sure there is a speed dial key programmed on the phone. Code 497. The * won't work without it. Its a Toshiba thing!
Posted By: wellsit Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/06/04 09:31 AM
I programmed a system speed dial key and it still wont work. Maybe it shouldn't be a system speed dial but a station speed dial? I'll give that a try Monday
Posted By: phonemeister Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/06/04 09:58 PM
Did you turn on led 17 for all vm ports in program 31?
Posted By: wellsit Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/07/04 08:01 AM
I seem to remember doing that, but I'll double check it.
Posted By: wellsit Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/09/04 07:42 AM
That was it, led 17 was not lit, so now it works.
I have a different problem now. I have 5 incoming numbers, but they ring at only one phone, ext 200. I've tried various things from the manual, but to no luck. While researching it last night I found program 32. Will this make it so all lines ring on all phones?
THanks a lot.
Posted By: wellsit Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/09/04 07:43 AM
oh yeah, and I seem to be having trouble figuring out how to port the CO lines to specific VM boxes. Which program does that?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/09/04 08:23 AM
If you want the lines to ring to the voicemail and be answered by the main greeting then in programs 81-89 target either the first vm port or, depending on your software level, the distributed hunt group. If you want some of the lines to be answered by different greetings then you need to create phantom DNs and forward them to voicemail with the vm id codes of the mailbox. Then use programs *81, *84 and *87. If your software level does support these programs then you will have to use physical ports, call forward them to voicemail with the 656 codes and then use programs 81-89.
Posted By: wellsit Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/09/04 05:34 PM
I tried to create PhDN's but it won't even let me into the proper program. I assume this means I don't have the proper software version. i guess I'll havce to use actual ports and fwd those then.
Posted By: Genius Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/10/04 05:19 PM
It sounds like you have an older version of DK which is going to have some limitations....but there is always away to make it work. You may have to assign the CO lines to ring at certain telephones that are call forwarded to ext 232 (Your voice mail port) By utilizing ID codes you can then make those cals go to certain mailboxes. Remember, you're using a Stratagy Voice mail system which is one of the most flexible. I'd be happy to help. Email me at [email protected]
Posted By: wellsit Re: no tones to Stratagy vx mail - 06/11/04 08:04 AM
Thanks a lot Genius! I'll probably take you up on that offer. I'm trying to figure out how this will work. If I program the CO lines to ring at a phone that is fwd to the VM port, then how will the other phones ring? Or is it a delayed fwd? I'm not familiar with Toshiba, but I'm learning more everyday.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help