Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Linker Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a customer who purchased a Panasonic KX-T D1232 5+ years ago. Recently they did an addition, and added several new phone extensions.

Once we accomplished the basic wiring from the new jacks, we discovered that the extensions 9 through 16 were not wired. We added a block, and punched down the wires to accomodate the additional extensions. Here is the issue now.

For example, extension 111 on jack 11 was programmed and named as an extension, in this case FDesk. The phone can be used to dial extensions, but I cant seem to get an outside line.

It appears from the other phones that for some reason the original installer started from CO-08, and went down. None the less, I need to use CO-08 through CO-05.

When the phone is picked up from any extension on jack 09 up to 16, it defaults to Intercom, and I can't even access the CO by pressing what should be the default buttons for lines 1 through 4 on CO-05 through CO-08.

Hope I'm making sense, because the documentation I have been able to gather doesn't.

I can't seem to get beyond the basic Station or User programming? I guess I am looking for that information as well?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

if the customer can't explain to you why it was programmed like that when it was first installed, then i would re-initilize and program it correctly. if your not familiar with the d1232 programming then get a certified and experienced installer to program it correctly.

if you just want to change the buttons .... hit prog-99-hit a co button-dial 0+desired CO number then hit store. you would have to do this on every phone and every CO button.

it's much easier to program using the laptop and the d1232 programming software.

Linker Offline OP
OP Offline
They were Certified installers who did it initially. My job now is to get these extensions working as soon, and as reasonably as possibly.

I really don't want to cause any inconvenience to the client, by having the system re-initialized, and then have to reprogram each station.

Although a Novice with Panasonic, I'm looking for answers I can use to resolve the issue at hand, not pull someone else in, and increase the expense.

Surely this is an easy fix for someone in the know.. We already did the station assignment of the CO buttons, but when we press any of the CO buttons it activates the intercom button. WE can't get an outside line. We already did the station programming Prog 99 to tell the phone to pick up any idle line. Doesn't work, except on stations 1 through 8.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
whats is on the display when you press 9 on the key pad or press the co button for the line, is not valid or co not assigned?
The lines may not be allowed access to co in (co out day-night)in main programming. if you do not have a co button programmed or loop line button set up when you try access a line it wont give you a line, like budweiser said prog the buttons for lines or one as a loop ie programm 99 press line button and enter 0 - 01 to 08 or * for loop line.

setting line for idle access will still not work if no line keys.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Sorry :bang: have twichy fingers today (double post) laugh

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Linker Offline OP
OP Offline
OBT.. Thanks for the reply..

The message is CO Not Assigned..or similar

I do remember doing something in the programming that said Loop CO? Can this be undone?

Linker Offline OP
OP Offline
I could not figure how to access the higher level programming from the phone keypad?

So, I could not get to the 600 level to check the Day / Night Options.. I do remember that all Jacks 09 through 16 defaulted to CO-01 through 04. I had to reset these via PRGM 99 to CO-05 through CO-08, simply because that is the way it was setup when I got involved.

Admin
Admin
The problem here is that any one of us could give you the exact steps to make this work in a reasonable amount of time. We could also interview the customer, default the system and have it reprogrammed in less time than fixing up someone else's work.

If you have documentation, and the password has not been changed from default, then you have to get into SYSTEM programming, not extension programming. If you don't have access to system programming, then there's not a whole lot you can do, short of remapping the buttons as described above.

This model is end of life
if you initilize the system, the system comes up with all lines on all phones, all phones ring and dial out with no restrictions.
in most cases all you would have to do is reprogram the time, and the day/nite ring.

i believe you said that all you have are 8 phones and you just added a few more. initializing would be the easiest way to solve your problem.
the only important thing that they would loose might be speed dial.

Linker Offline OP
OP Offline
The problem here is that any one of us could give you the exact steps to make this work in a reasonable amount of time. We could also interview the customer, default the system and have it reprogrammed in less time than fixing up someone else's work.

I always like to learn from my experiences like this. If I take your advise and call in a pro; of what value has my experience been?

If you will pardon my bluntness, I came here to get some answers from those who want to share their expertise on a free basis, not advise to contact others on a fee basis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,976
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,309 Shoretel
190,593 CTX100 install
189,065 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, Yoda), 103 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024