web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#161072 01/14/08 12:48 AM
OP Offline
What is the typical coverage area for each "cell" unit used with the taw848? Is the spacing of the cells critical - i.e., can the cells have some overlap of coverage or do they have to be spaced very precisely to eliminate overlap?

Thanks,
Bill

Our most valuable products are our knowledge, experience and time.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

typical coverage area will vary depending on the stucture of the building/house. the average is about 100 feet. wood, concrete, glass, and steel all have an affect on the range of a cell site. yes , you should definately overlap the coverage.
a site survey, as described in the manual will give you a better idea on where to place the cell sites.

OP Offline
Thanks Budwiser, I was aware that structure details would affect range, but I didn't know what the "typical" coverage for a cell would be.

Bill

Our most valuable products are our knowledge, experience and time.
not sure about the ta848 manuals, but the tda100 manuals have a good explanation about cell site placement.
the ps phones have a test mode. the manuals explain how to do a site survey using this test mode.if the system is not installed yet, panasonic has a battery pack that will power up the cell site during the site survey.

Panasonic says that cell sites must be atleast 50' apart.

Aaron
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Panasonic will only help you if you have a cell proplem if a site survey has being carried out.

The readings when a handset is put in to survey mode are 12 -0. At the cross over point it should be around a 8 and about 3-4 where the other cell will be sited, all this is very important for the hand over.

If you are quoting for a job I would say about every 200yds but "subject to survey in my quote".

We have a site that has 6 cells covering the factory and another one about the same size has 18 cells because it is a food factory and each work area is a chilled area walls are made of metal sheeting plus insulation in them.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,978
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,324 Shoretel
190,596 CTX100 install
189,077 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 180 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024