web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I think steve nailed it, it is a lot eaiser to dial 9 then it is to remember a bunch of codes. Have you ever looked at Panasonics wireless Systems?

https://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/w... 2&cachePartner=7000000000000005702

They have good looking cordless phones.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Another reason to stay away from residential [Linked Image from imagenes.recursosgratis.com]

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
All right - how about Avaya IP Office? Through short-codes, you could have all the "functions" of the system changed to #-codes, or *-codes, and route anything starting with 1 through 9 and 0 as dial the number out over the outbound lines.

Kind of like Centrex with "assume-9" dialing, when you want to use Centrex features like calling another Centrex line, you dial # and the last 4 digits, but outbound you just dial normally.

TTT,
I am not familiar enough with the IP Office, but does it have the capability of being mostly (if not all) analog phones? That is a BIG part of the requirement that is being given....sounds like a good idea though if it can!

Steve

IP 406 base unit includes 2 "POT" phones (pots, analog), but then you can add a POT-16 expansion module, for an additional 16 analog extensions.

I would run the senario past a good IP programmer, but I don't see why not.

Originally posted by Johnny Cakes:
I've done a lot of research but can not find a Internal station to station calling after dialing 9 (or some other digit)
There is no DIGIT (0-9) that does not begin some public phone number. However I once programmed a system that would connect you to an extension if two or three digits were dialed and then no other digit was pressed for five seconds. If you had such a system, you could dial 310, and then just wait five seconds. Then it would connect you to extension 310.

Jonny Cakes, My impression is that you want a phone system that seems like an ordinary home phone to guests, but that you could make do special things by using special codes. Is that right?

The Pan 848 will do all of it except dial a digit to release CO and give up Intercom, you would hit Flash, what diff would it make. If an Idiot can remember 9 to get intercom, an idiot can remember Flash. All this seamless to the user with single line phones is BS. Heres seamless-- you answer phone, it's for little Johnny, you holler at lil Johnny----call for lil Johnny, line 1. Or you might spy the Magic Button marked Page, press that and tell lil Johnny to get call on line 1. Oh My God, can regular folks really use rocket science???
You could even use cordless phones that have buttons marked Line 1, Line 2, Intercom, My God Jim- press Talk you get a CO Line, press Intercom you get Intercom, will the wonders of Vulcan Technology never cease???? Of course there will always be some Klingon wanting to go back to the Good Ole Days, but you can NEVER satisfy them.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :banana: :banana: :db: :db: :db:

And you left out DOOR Phone, what decent upscale home would be without. You also leave out Lighted Displays and key pads , the displays stay on even when the power is out when ups present.
Yada,Yada, Yada!!!

Touch Tone Tommy had the solution that meets all of the needs posted.

The 406 is a good match or there is the Small Office Edition depending on how many phones are needed. There is a discontinued version out there with 4 Analog CO and 8 Analog Phone ext's with 3 VCM's for VOIP phones.

Just a matter of programming the system to dial as needed. The dialtone on the IPO sounds like regular CO dialtone. With just a couple of shortcodes, you can dial anyway you want.

In our office our system is setup for dialing out directly without additional digits. If we want to make an internal call, we just dial the extension. The system knows what to do......

Administrator
Administrator
My question to you Johnny, How much money do you have to spend? you got 10K ready to go and I got the system.
The only thing I see will stop every system

Transfer outside calls internally with announce or send direct to extension.

There a no 2500 sets out there with a speaker to announce a call. Now if all you need is screened or blind transfer where the slt has to be answered no problem.

Internal call to ALL phones
Can't page a SLT once again no speaker.

The Toshiba CIX100 can be equipped with only analog ports, only digital, or any combination. The analog ports can be programmed to grab a CO line first and system dialtone with hookflash. I would assume there are several other brands that can be configured this way also.

Most analog phones have speed-dial capability to program feature codes, some with one-touch speed-dial buttons. You would also probably want a system that can pass caller ID to analog phones (Toshiba can do this).

Most systems I've seen offer a digital system cordless phone that doesn't look much different than most analog cordless phones and includes most or all system features.

As Paul144 said, any digit dialed will be sent to the CO line, hookflash is the only way I know to switch from CO to system dialtone.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,836 Shoretel
189,960 CTX100 install
188,059 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024