web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I myself have not dealt with the Sprint/MCI inbound ANI/DNIS circuits. Im betting dollars to doughnuts this circuit in question isnt capable. and a upgrade to a PRI will be needed to get what he is looking for.

That being said- Mntel can you give us any additional info since you were talking to AT&T

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
AT&T was of no help, on first call the rep said she has no idea how it works but the order for caller Id was already processed & closed. On second call after being transfered to couple of reps. In different dept. ( state or country who knows) finally the last person said it seems a local issue & created a trouble ticket. I have no idea what local issue means ( CSU/DSU unit may be) , property right now has an adtran csu ace unit for T1

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
CSU/DSU HIGHLY doubtful, since the ani/dnis would be encoded in the specific channel that the call is on. Audio would be butchered as well. If you pick up a POTS call after the 1st CO ring, you can hear the CID as a sort of a squeal. It's actually ASCII characters, at 1200 baud as I recall. Since the T1 is being decoded in the Mitel, there is no way to prove or dis-prove reception using the 'ear' method! frown However, you are going to be told that the problem is in the CSU/DSU, so you'd better have another available. Preferably in a factory sealed box! Just to prove them wrong! They will deny responsibility until you escalate to the supervisor's supervisor! What kind of Central Office is the T1 coming from? Maybe we can get some help from that thread?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Like Lightninghorse suggests, try the CSU/DSU/T1 Forum. Someone there may have a solid answer on the circuit question, beyond what the Mitel controls.

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Get AT&T to send you the exact build out of the circuit. Confirm the coding, framing, caller ID (ANI) and all your DID’s. Also ensure COS for the trunks include 811 and 814.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
I'll just add, the ANI is passed inband, so with the proper equipment you can verify whether or not the carrier is sending it.

Something like an Adtran 100 etal with a fxs card mapped to a chosen channel and a digi grabber would do the trick. I have done this on the bench with regard to ANI troubleshooting and/or emulation.

I know everyone doesn't have all the equipment that I may have at my disposal. But an Adtran 100-120 with a couple of cards, is worth the investment IMHO

I would think that nine POTS lines would be cheaper than a T1. Also on the ICP both controlers are equipped with six CLASS trunks that pass Caller ID on both Supersets and single line display phones. If you are using the ASU II units combo cards can be installed adding additional CLASS trunks. Also if you are using an MX controler and have a cabinet with cards Caller ID can be passed using CLASS trunk cards.

As the OP hasn't told us what all may be riding the DS1 circuit, it's hard to tell whether this is the most cost effective solution.

I have to think, depending on mileage that costs for POTS versus T1 would compare well in this situation. Plus if you conference, the T1 channels would be much better volume wise.

Maybe we should hear what is riding the other channels.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,888
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,813 Shoretel
189,913 CTX100 install
188,035 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024