atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mbtel Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/21/09 02:02 PM
Is there a way to have caller I'd working for t1 trunks programmed on dual T1/E1 trunk MMC
Posted By: johnp Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/21/09 02:07 PM
Yes, they have to be PRI or ANI/DNIS circuits
Posted By: mbtel Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/21/09 07:59 PM
Never done a PRI before, can u give some more info
Posted By: johnp Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/21/09 10:53 PM
It's best to look at pri support under program features of the nfo for detailed instructions.

Basic info, it gives you 23 bearer channel and 1 data channel. The bearer channels are used for the voice transmission, while the data channel provides call status and caller id info.

Depending on how it's ordered, you can receive number or number and name. You can also send out caller id info on a per station basis. You would generally use did station numbers inbound, at least that's what I would do.
Posted By: mbtel Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/22/09 05:26 AM
Never done a PRI before, can u give some more info
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/22/09 06:01 AM
A PRI is also known as a "Smart" T1. On a PRI, the 24th channel is used to transmit data between your PBX, and the CO. This data includes ANI, DNI, Caller Name, etc., etc.
Posted By: mbtel Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/28/09 10:54 AM
hello guys, sorry was on vacation so could not post. Now regarding the issue, we are still at the same point, i have enabled anis/dnis trunk in trunk cos, trunk descriptor is T1 E&M with DTMF enabled, start type is wink, debounce timer is 100, still there is no caller ID, customer says he has confirmed with AT&T & they have activated caller ID. So what am i missing here??? any help...
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/28/09 12:50 PM
Where are you looking for the caller id?
Turn on incoming SMDR in the trunk's class of service. Also enable smdr record ani/dnis.
Use the 'smdr monitor' feature in maintenance, and see if the ani/dnis info shows. You may not have the cos of your display sets properly configured to display ani/dnis.
Posted By: mbtel Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/28/09 02:10 PM
Fifty5footer I have display ani/dnis/class enabled in cos of console & sub Att., I also tried smdr record ani/dnis, but it only gives trunk info, also somehow the incoming calls take to long to ring on the console, it's almost after the caller hears the 4th ring when the call actually arrives at the console, is there a way to solve this
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/28/09 04:02 PM
Did the customer confirm that CID was ordered AND provisioned INBOUND? This sounds like a problem at AT&T. Does ANYONE else have CID inbound on what is apparently nothing more than a 24 channel E&M hunt group, from AT&T? Been a while for me, but the last I heard AT&T didn't offer ani/dnis on standard T1 E&M trunks. The delay in ringing to console is probably the Mitel waiting for CID-ani/dinis.
Posted By: mbtel Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/28/09 04:25 PM
I would like to add something here, only 9 channels ( 10-18) are used on this t1 circuit
Posted By: johnp Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/28/09 10:49 PM
I do believe the delay is from the ani timeout. Turn it off in the trunk cos to verify.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/29/09 06:36 AM
I'm going to bet that you're not receiving ani on your trunks. If you take johnp's advice, and turn off the ani cos option, you should see *ani*dnis on the incoming call records, and the call will not route properly.
Posted By: mbtel Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/29/09 12:04 PM
i tried turning off ani in cos but left smdr record ani/dnis on, that does make incoming calls to ring immediately but i still dont see ANI/DNIS on incoming call records.I am currently onsite & trying reach a human on AT&T Tech Support from past 35 mins.
Posted By: AKroger Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/29/09 01:13 PM
I believe will not receive CID on a T-1 Inbound- CID on T-1 is outbound only and that is provisioned by the carrier. The only ANI DNIS digits you will recieve on a T-1 are any DID #'s being sent by the carrier ( viewed by turning on incoming SMDR )and that is only if the circuit is configured that way.

If your circuit is in the MMC and you are using a E&M circuit discriptor. You have a T-1 and in my experience you will not receieve inbound CID, You will need to convert the circuit to a PRI
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/29/09 04:18 PM
Wait a minute, Alex. Didn't I say that 5 posts back? Guess that proves that all great minds think the same way. wink
Posted By: AKroger Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/30/09 07:55 AM
Lightninghorse, yes you did. I was always told great minds run in the same gutter in this business. LOL

Alex
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/30/09 08:04 AM
I'm 'rarely' arguementative, but I know of 3 or 4 systems that are receiving caller ID on plain old T1 circuits.
The calls come in as '*ani*dnis'(DTMF format), and the caller id displays on the digital phones. You may not be able to order NEW circuits that way, but they were available at one time!
As a matter of fact, Mitel has been offering that feature since G1005, which was way before PRI cards were around
Posted By: johnp Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/30/09 08:15 AM
I too have several sites receiving ANI/DNIS on T1 circuits. As long as the carrier adheres to the US Sprint standard as above *ani*dnis, it works for number delivery. That being said, I can't say AT&T will or will not work.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/30/09 11:28 AM
fifty5footer & johnp, Good comments! When I went to Mitel school in NJ on the 1005/1006, lite15/16, we were told that ONLY Sprint and MCI were offering ANI/DNIS on T1. That WAS about 13 years ago, when that TWA flight (800?) went into the drink off the east coast. And, like you, I have no idea if AT&T is offering it now.
Alex, :rofl:
Posted By: AKroger Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/30/09 11:50 AM
I myself have not dealt with the Sprint/MCI inbound ANI/DNIS circuits. Im betting dollars to doughnuts this circuit in question isnt capable. and a upgrade to a PRI will be needed to get what he is looking for.

That being said- Mntel can you give us any additional info since you were talking to AT&T
Posted By: mbtel Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/30/09 02:04 PM
AT&T was of no help, on first call the rep said she has no idea how it works but the order for caller Id was already processed & closed. On second call after being transfered to couple of reps. In different dept. ( state or country who knows) finally the last person said it seems a local issue & created a trouble ticket. I have no idea what local issue means ( CSU/DSU unit may be) , property right now has an adtran csu ace unit for T1
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 12/30/09 03:51 PM
CSU/DSU HIGHLY doubtful, since the ani/dnis would be encoded in the specific channel that the call is on. Audio would be butchered as well. If you pick up a POTS call after the 1st CO ring, you can hear the CID as a sort of a squeal. It's actually ASCII characters, at 1200 baud as I recall. Since the T1 is being decoded in the Mitel, there is no way to prove or dis-prove reception using the 'ear' method! frown However, you are going to be told that the problem is in the CSU/DSU, so you'd better have another available. Preferably in a factory sealed box! Just to prove them wrong! They will deny responsibility until you escalate to the supervisor's supervisor! What kind of Central Office is the T1 coming from? Maybe we can get some help from that thread?
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 01/04/10 07:11 AM
Like Lightninghorse suggests, try the CSU/DSU/T1 Forum. Someone there may have a solid answer on the circuit question, beyond what the Mitel controls.
Posted By: jimmyv Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 01/04/10 10:23 AM
Get AT&T to send you the exact build out of the circuit. Confirm the coding, framing, caller ID (ANI) and all your DID’s. Also ensure COS for the trunks include 811 and 814.
Posted By: johnp Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 01/05/10 08:54 PM
I'll just add, the ANI is passed inband, so with the proper equipment you can verify whether or not the carrier is sending it.

Something like an Adtran 100 etal with a fxs card mapped to a chosen channel and a digi grabber would do the trick. I have done this on the bench with regard to ANI troubleshooting and/or emulation.

I know everyone doesn't have all the equipment that I may have at my disposal. But an Adtran 100-120 with a couple of cards, is worth the investment IMHO
Posted By: CTIphonemaster Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 01/05/10 09:13 PM
I would think that nine POTS lines would be cheaper than a T1. Also on the ICP both controlers are equipped with six CLASS trunks that pass Caller ID on both Supersets and single line display phones. If you are using the ASU II units combo cards can be installed adding additional CLASS trunks. Also if you are using an MX controler and have a cabinet with cards Caller ID can be passed using CLASS trunk cards.
Posted By: johnp Re: Caller id on sx200 icp with t1 - 01/06/10 02:20 PM
As the OP hasn't told us what all may be riding the DS1 circuit, it's hard to tell whether this is the most cost effective solution.

I have to think, depending on mileage that costs for POTS versus T1 would compare well in this situation. Plus if you conference, the T1 channels would be much better volume wise.

Maybe we should hear what is riding the other channels.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help