Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
I would like to add something here, only 9 channels ( 10-18) are used on this t1 circuit

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I do believe the delay is from the ani timeout. Turn it off in the trunk cos to verify.

I'm going to bet that you're not receiving ani on your trunks. If you take johnp's advice, and turn off the ani cos option, you should see *ani*dnis on the incoming call records, and the call will not route properly.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
mbtel Offline OP
OP Offline
i tried turning off ani in cos but left smdr record ani/dnis on, that does make incoming calls to ring immediately but i still dont see ANI/DNIS on incoming call records.I am currently onsite & trying reach a human on AT&T Tech Support from past 35 mins.

I believe will not receive CID on a T-1 Inbound- CID on T-1 is outbound only and that is provisioned by the carrier. The only ANI DNIS digits you will recieve on a T-1 are any DID #'s being sent by the carrier ( viewed by turning on incoming SMDR )and that is only if the circuit is configured that way.

If your circuit is in the MMC and you are using a E&M circuit discriptor. You have a T-1 and in my experience you will not receieve inbound CID, You will need to convert the circuit to a PRI

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Wait a minute, Alex. Didn't I say that 5 posts back? Guess that proves that all great minds think the same way. wink

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Lightninghorse, yes you did. I was always told great minds run in the same gutter in this business. LOL

Alex

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
I'm 'rarely' arguementative, but I know of 3 or 4 systems that are receiving caller ID on plain old T1 circuits.
The calls come in as '*ani*dnis'(DTMF format), and the caller id displays on the digital phones. You may not be able to order NEW circuits that way, but they were available at one time!
As a matter of fact, Mitel has been offering that feature since G1005, which was way before PRI cards were around

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
I too have several sites receiving ANI/DNIS on T1 circuits. As long as the carrier adheres to the US Sprint standard as above *ani*dnis, it works for number delivery. That being said, I can't say AT&T will or will not work.

fifty5footer & johnp, Good comments! When I went to Mitel school in NJ on the 1005/1006, lite15/16, we were told that ONLY Sprint and MCI were offering ANI/DNIS on T1. That WAS about 13 years ago, when that TWA flight (800?) went into the drink off the east coast. And, like you, I have no idea if AT&T is offering it now.
Alex, :rofl:

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,430 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,442 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024