web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
TTSI1 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am a 23 year veteran to the telecom industry and I just found this forum. I am the owner of a small cabling company in NC. I have installed, programmed, and serviced a number of PBX's and small key systems over the years but I have never worked on a Mitel system. Just this past week I got a new customer that I am doing all of the cabling for 6 new hotels for voice as well as high speed internet and CATV. The owner has asked me if I can service his 10 existing Mitel PBX's as well as install the new Mitels in the 6 new hotels. I can't stand the idea of turning down this opportunity. I would like to get some training on the Mitel PBXs he has installed as well as get installation and programming training on the new PBX's. This is a "got to have it right now" kind of thing for the service of the existing PBX's (I have only seen the 1st of the 10 and it is an SX 200) as he is currently having problems that need addressing.

Any ideas on how to get some training quick or how best to work this out? Any advice would be helpful. If I purchase manuals for the Mitels he has, are they written in a detailed enough format that I could start servicing his systems now while I search for formal training? The first new install is at least 6 months away.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
contact Fred at Resale Systems 1-800-777-3725
or PM him here

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
PM Sent.

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
Genesis offers free training

Or, Mitel offers training through their Lyndenhurst, NJ location. Costs about $2000 for the full I & M course. Details available at Mitel.com.

I think Merritt's advice makes the most sense. We offer free training at your facility or ours, and we're available 24x7 for technical support!!!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
TTSI1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all of the responses. I will be contacting some of these next week. Thanks for the contacts fifty5footer. I have been swamped this week and have not had time to return your calls.

Looks to me like Mitel must have closed down Lyndhurst, it's no longer on the training schedule.

Nearest one to OP is Atlanta, GA

jsaxe

What justice are you doing to this client selling systems that you clearly have no experience or capability to support?

Steven Tutino
Discuss with your client the proposal of a six-month (minimum) contract with a Certified Mitel Technician/Installer in your local area who will maintain your clients network, while providing you with on-site training. This way the client receives quality support, and you receive quality training. With this being a "got to have it right now" kind of thing...?? I think that you're really cheating yourself and your client by grabbing the quickest training you can find, and jumping right into his Mitel network.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,335
Posts639,033
Members49,785
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,534 Shoretel
190,863 CTX100 install
189,301 1a2 system
Newest Members
gianluca, Micheal C, etel, AVO-IT, wierderal
49,785 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rupert 11
tim10 10
Yoda 8
Toner 7
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 175 guests, and 168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024