web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rdpayne Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been asked to set up MLAA on our 3300. We are clustered and have IP trunking between 2 sites.

I've got it up and working, and it is 3 levels deep.

1st level - Beginning Menu Node with greeting and instructions for items 1 through 5.

2nd level - some of the branches break down (i.e. - Select 1 for sales, then under sales, select 1 for Existing and 2 for new customer)

3rd level - Agents answer. First group who answers is the far end node (group of customer reps with multicall lines on their sets so they all ring at once). Works no problem.

4th level - First roll over. I have this set up on the Call Rerouting First Alternative for the first group. The calls roll over as expected to a group of 2 users, again with multicall line appearances on their sets. Again, working, no problem.

5th level - General Mailbox. Set as Message Only, works, no problem.

Now here is where I have an issue that I am having difficulties with. On one piece of the tree, everything follows the plan except instead of ending up landing in the general mailbox, the calls are supposed to forward back out the system to a 1-800 number. It does not work. It merely rolls back to the mailbox node I used in the second level to select where you want to go.

Basically, the call routing goes like this

10702 - Main Mailbox - Top of the MLAA - Menu Node

10902 - Tech Support Menu - Menu Node

20907 - Multicall Line appearance listed as Selection 1 under 10902.

20908 - First Rollover to Assistants - fed from Call Rerouting First Alternative for 20907.

20909 - Speed call assigned to 1-800 number to head back out of the system.

My troubleshooting so far:

1 - Checked System Options and set Forward Hops to 6.

2 - Called directly to 20909 - Speed Call works and dials out.

3 - Called directly to 20908 and asked assistants to let it roll over. It rings normally about 20 seconds, then rolls over, and I hear the 1-800 number answer.

4. Dialed 20907 - Asked the reps to let it ring. It rings through, and rolls over to 20908. Then, once 20908 rings through, instead of the Call Rerouting taking over, it rings back to 20907 and I hear it hit the voicemail (I used the 20907 mailbox I made with the extension to announce what you are being transfered to.)

All the call reroutes are set to N N N N T T T T - Directory Number.

Any ideas on where I can look next? Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

you've probably already checked this but, sometimes the simple things can really pop up and bite ya in the arse.
Check the COS of the vmail ports, make sure they have the ability to do conference calling.
Next thing is the amount of vmail ports, you might have the last vmail port not programmed, it will always attempt to go out the highest port.
Just a shot in the dark, I hope it helps
cheers

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,910 Shoretel
190,072 CTX100 install
188,291 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 63 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024