Originally Posted by hbiss
[quote]No egads. All messaging system have permanent backdoor passwords which were closely guarded secrets until the scumbags on the internet spread them all around. Fortunately that didn't happen until after the Partner system was long discontinued. There had to be a backdoor because there would be no way to get into the system if someone were to change the normal admin password. At this point in time I doubt that anybody knows or cares to hack a Partner messaging system anyway. There are much bigger fish to fry.

So it's really a non issue.

-Hal

I do not believe this to be the Backdoor password I found.

According to @1:42:

Avaya Partner - How to set up Partner Messaging Module from a PC

Using the sysadmin login

The password is "whatever you are using to log in over the phone". Then he explains "If you haven't logged in for the first time yet, just press press enter here".

There was a post on the Tek-Tips board where it is claimed the default password for sysadmin is 123456. In my case this worked.

Partner Messaging Administator Password Reset

Now I am a little confused, is the sysadmin password initially "unset" or is it simply 123456....

There is also an option to change this password which I confirmed, If this is the case, then I don't think this is the "backdoor" access.

There was mention of a voice mail password only being four digits. Under version 7.0 passwords must be 6 to 15 digits.

Partner ACS Voicemail Remote Access

I suppose this may be a very early release of the Messaging software, or there is indeed a vast amount of misinformation out there.

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters