Thanks, Aaron. I didn't think I was exceeding the power supply's limit based on calculations but I read somewhere that "four or more" may require a second PSU. I metered the original PSLP1434 PSU at 39.81 v and the new PNLV6505 at 39.84 v, so there doesn't seem to be much difference in output but I did make the new PSU the primary one.

I did a DECT upgrade a few years ago on a TDA100 but I don't remember the procedure and unfortunately don't have access to the Tech Note.

The new KX-TCA385 phones seem to go to sleep and sometimes don't wake up when a call comes in or when taken off hook to initiate a call. Also, they just beep three or four times when you try to access many of their menus, such as Incoming Log, Outgoing Log, etc. which seems to indicate there's a degree of system incompatibility. The Line button doesn't give direct access to any of the three lines and none of the one-touch buttons I programmed can be accessed either. Also, the phone that displayed the CS not connected message is probably 12' from the nearest CS, although it is in a bathroom in front of a mirror which may have something to do with it.

Would you be willing to send me the Migration Tech Note and are any of the problems described clearly attributable to not following the migration procedure? Would it be wise to remove the secondary PSU and see if the new one supports the equipment without any more issues? I would love to be Panasonic Certified to avoid these kind of problems but it seems they are not accepting small volume dealers anymore.