I just recently finished a DECT phone upgrade on an older TDA50G and have had some problems. It seems that the four new KX-T0155 DECT Cell Stations are drawing too much power and the TDA50 locks up and shuts down every few hours and must be manually rebooted only to fail again a few hours later. I asked the client to unplug two of the four new Cell Stations and they report no further problems since doing that Sunday afternoon.

The system is populated as follows:

Slot 1 = DHLC4

Slot 2 = LCOT4

Slot 3 = DLC8

Doorphone

Last week, I replaced four (4) old KX-T0141 Cell Stations with four (4) new KX-T0155 DECT Cell Stations. There are a total of six (6) KX-DT333B Proprietary Phones connected and the system also has one (1) Doorphone.

I was under the impression that four Cell Stations wouldn't exceed the standard power supply's capacity, but it appears that these have.

Is adding a second power supply to the 7-8 year old TDA50G recommended or should I replace the existing one? In other words, has this configuration really exceeded the capacity of the existing PSU? Or have I done something else wrong? The system worked fine with the old KX-T0141 Cell Stations but upgrading to the KX-T0155s has completely destabilized it.

Thanks in advance for any insights you guys may offer as I'm a bit unsure as to what's the best remedy.