dw, on the VOIP installs we have done there is not really problems with choppy/static/dropped calls/echo, etc. But I can still tell a difference between a TDM call and VOIP call in a side by side comparison. This is with IP phones and systems on their own network in a demo setup from manufacturers trying to get us to sell their stuff, It just may be me from doing this for a long time, but I notice a difference. I can notice if you voice call (IP phone to IP phone) and come over the speaker and are within earshot of it, you notice it sounds a little off as opposed to a TDM phone calling a TDM phone. I am not knocking IP phones or CISCO in any way, they have come a long way. (I think they are now number one comm system provider, ahead of avaya/nortel,etc.) They will get the features, they have the resources to get it right eventually. Also just an observation in saying that in the last 5-6 years everyone is used to rebooting pc's, cell phones cutting off, T-1's going down, virus, etc., so even if VOIP calls aren't perfect sounding, it's OK. It has been fun trying to pinpoint problems with customers IP systems when the parties they are calling and being called from have VOIP systems with issues... I will stop rambling on now..