If their standards were enforced

Look at New Jersey, I have gone to 3 different township building departments for new construction cable jobs during Febuary.

Every one has a different set of ideas as to what needs to take place, one town says we need a copy of your low voltage licence another town says we don't

(the NJ low voltage certificate requires No test or display of competence, just a check, your local dunkin donuts could get one)

Then in my experience when the inspector comes out he is only interested in the electrical & could care less about Cat5 wiring......

Bicsi would be wonderful if it had some sway with these township building departments.........

at the end of the day these permits are just about revenue & keeping some local government idiots in a job............

when ever I walk in to the building department and say that I need a permit for voice & data wiring, it takes about 15 minutes for the penny to drop with the people who work there, it would be like going into McDonalds & asking for a Big Mac only for the person serving to say "whats a Big Mac"

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com