I Just went to a luncheon seminar last Thurs. about 10 gig cabling at Graybar put on by Berktek. He stated that the standard had been ratified with the exception of adendumn 10 (?), but it was just a formality.
The newly designed berktek 10Gig cable has been reduced to 0.232" versus 0.3" most every body elses. That is still a large cable in comparison to regular cat-6. If conduits are used, you need to make sure double gang boxes are installed to maintain the bend radius needed in order not to deform the cable.
I have installed 100's of thousands of feet cat-6 but have not installed cat6a yet. I do feel it is overkill for an office space, but maybe well suited for the data center.
Running fiber to the desktop was brought in this seminar by someone attending. It was stated that the cost per port for copper was $2000 and the cost per port for fiber was $8000. These were based on the equipment cost as well as the cabling media used.
I am by no means an expert on cat-6a but I just wanted to share some up to date info for all.

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner