Well after all the responses I will share my personal (and company) standard.

We use only Hubbell jacks/face plates (UNLESS!!! it is a resisential job then we almost always have to go to Leviton to match colors as Leviton does have the best color choices that I have seen and customers are most happy with, they also have redily available decora plates which goes to matching what the electrician is putting in for outlets and switches).

We go with Office white primarily (which is actually an almond kind of color, off white I guess it would be) or in the case of request just white (which is a bright white).

When doing a voice/data jack we always use a jack that is color of the faceplate for voice 1 which we punch the blue and orange pairs to and then use the opposite color for voice 2 for the green and brown pairs so you have two voice jacks, we always use the USOC jacks for these so that the end user can not plug their rj45 patch cord into them, only an rj11 cord will fit.

As for the data if it is only one we always go with blue and if there are two data's we use what is readily available from Graybar, either yellow or black to match what we pull for wire, white cat3 wire for the voice and blue cat5e/6 for the first data pull a yellow second data so it will either match the jack (yellow) or Halloween (black) either way it is easy to figure out the scheme.

~Chris