Thanks Coral, Milestone. The two buildings are office buildings for Social Service and Health departments, not housing. I've not seen a lot of MACs in their billings lately; those two buildings are absolutely maxed out with staff. People might move around but they change their numbers, not connect disconnect! Even one wiring closet is cohabited with a staff person! No kidding. Not exactly one's idea of disaster prevention. I hesitate to ask for their "recovery plan." They do use outside help to maintain their Centigram VM; adding mailboxes etc, and there's some cost there.

This is far removed from the experience of corporate America, but these people are working hard with what they've got. That's why I'm looking more at hard dollar cost improvement more so than tweaking the soft dollar. I need to see hard dollar breakeven or savings from day 1 because that is the only way they'll persuade their County Board of Commissioners of the need to finance the project. With the savings, they might be persuaded to spend money on improved functionality.