Thanks for the reply! I started with the 3 PRI because the entire county (980 phones including DSS and Health) are using only 69 NARs. I imputed 3 PRI as providing 69 channels. We also have a county client just north of this client that has 8 PRI for 1900 phones. Recent traffic studies have us dropping 1 PRI and ports to channels will be about 12 X 1 (they have more phones now).

Yes, both agencies are HIPAA regulated. But VM is not archived and stored. They have an inhouse Centigram system that's maxed out (so I'm told). We have probably 50 NC counties as clients and I promise not 1 Health or DSS is archiving VM for longer than it takes for a rep to take and dispose of the call. Not that that is HIPAA compliant, just the way things are.

I got the $350 per port number from another post on this board. My experience in getting bids for the other county govt client was $1.1M for two 11Cs and a 61C serving 1800 phones, right at $600 per port. However, there were several large buildings that had to be entirely re-wired. Install cost was as big as equipment. I was guessing the current client's install would be smaller given rewiring already occurred.

And about the rewiring. I am informed it was done under the NC state master contract...e.g. it better have been done to NC standards for Cat 5. Again, not that it was but I'd bet is was.

I'd say the breakeven's going to have to be $600 per port and that won't allow much for maintenance. But is there a realistic chance I could get the job done for less than that? Is the filber connect between the buildings (only 150 ft between closets max) a major cost issue?

Thanks again.