I'm using plane jane service from Swbell, sorry, "sbc". Just as reliable as ever, of course, that could be partially due to the fact that all of my house wiring etc. was installed by Ma Bell and I have a buried interface box.

Before I moved to where I currently lived, we tried AT&T cable's Digital Phone service. NEVER AGAIN! For the first two weeks we couldn't make any calls outside of our aread code, even if they were local calls, nor could we receive calls from other aread codes. We reallly got the run around with customer service. It was so bad we almost went out and signed up for cell service (wound up doing that anyway). Fortuneatly, we were preparing to move, so all we had to do is cancel service instead of waiting for swbell to get the number back, etc. Problem was, everytime someone called the old number, the recording completely skipped the new number "the new number is, please make a note of it". Still like that today.

I thought about adding a line using voip from Lingo or Vonage, but I think I have decided to bet a cell socket and run it to an empty CO port on my ksu. Already pay for cell service, so why not utilize it.