atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: groundstart TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/05/04 04:45 AM
Hello all, and happy sunday.

Im doing a little survey and I would appreciate all to answer...

How is your telco service provider both residential and business (if applicable).

Also how many of you are using the Broadband VOIP services yet.

Thank you, Mitch
Posted By: neh-telecom Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/05/04 06:08 AM
I use Comcast digital for telephone lines and Toll service.
Posted By: codasco704 Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/05/04 03:31 PM
I'm using plane jane service from Swbell, sorry, "sbc". Just as reliable as ever, of course, that could be partially due to the fact that all of my house wiring etc. was installed by Ma Bell and I have a buried interface box.

Before I moved to where I currently lived, we tried AT&T cable's Digital Phone service. NEVER AGAIN! For the first two weeks we couldn't make any calls outside of our aread code, even if they were local calls, nor could we receive calls from other aread codes. We reallly got the run around with customer service. It was so bad we almost went out and signed up for cell service (wound up doing that anyway). Fortuneatly, we were preparing to move, so all we had to do is cancel service instead of waiting for swbell to get the number back, etc. Problem was, everytime someone called the old number, the recording completely skipped the new number "the new number is, please make a note of it". Still like that today.

I thought about adding a line using voip from Lingo or Vonage, but I think I have decided to bet a cell socket and run it to an empty CO port on my ksu. Already pay for cell service, so why not utilize it.
Posted By: groundstart Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/05/04 05:10 PM
i just wanted to let you all know that by no means am i gonna use this info for any type of email advertising....

Im just curious as to see how much business the RBOCs still have over de-regulation...

Once again i would appreciate all to answer...

"GO JETS".......
Posted By: Thornhil Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/05/04 05:35 PM
We never left Verizon, have heard too many horror stories with the other providers. When you call for repair at verizon at least they pick up the other ones keep you going in a form of catch 22
Posted By: capitol Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/05/04 06:14 PM
I use IDT for residential. Business I use Verizon for local and ATT for long distance

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling
Posted By: paul144 Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/06/04 06:17 AM
At home, we use voip through Time-Warner. It seems to work well most of the time. Ocasionally we have issues with noise or disconnects, but that is very rare and usually only happens when a couple of my computers are going at the same time. They run through the same modem. The savings on long distance has been phenomonal and well-worth the occasional problems.
Business is a partial T1 for voice and data. I cannot complain.
Posted By: NECTECH Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/06/04 07:17 AM
AT&T Call Vantage on a cable modem

Works great ,Love that follow me and blast call
Not to mention the free LD and local
Posted By: Rhonda Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/06/04 01:54 PM
We use TDS/Metrocom for Potts lines but all local, toll, toll-free and long distance traffic goes out over T-1 service with AT&T on the ABN plan. Service is very reliable. TDS is 1/3 the price of SBC. The only calls that go out over the TDS lines are overflow from the T-1's. I dumped every inch of SBC from my system and it took them 10 months before they knocked on my door and asked why we left...hmmmmmm...
Posted By: Voyager Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/06/04 03:33 PM
I dumped Verizon a bout a year ago and installed Vonage. I love it! No down time, Unlimited local and LD, lots of other cool features built in......and my bill has never been over $28.00!!!

Its wired thru my Toshiba DK40 at home coming off Brighthouse cable modem......

If anyone is interested, e-mail me for a link and get a free month!

Voyager

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited December 06, 2004).]
Posted By: domino Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/07/04 03:45 PM
I use Qwest (really only one out here), Resident (4 lines) and Business (Over 150 lines). I have never had any problems with them.
Posted By: Milestone Re: TELCO PROVIDER... - 12/11/04 12:32 PM
We maintain copper trunks for back up, PRI trunks for inbound DID's and combination IP providers for outbound, Vonage is definitely an option for fixed cost, the less we have to deal with Verizon the better their service and customer service just keeps on getting worse and worse.

------------------
Milestone Technologies
One stop solutions for all of your Telecom, Data and VoIP needs
www.milestone-technologies.com
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help