It still doesn't work! I am completely frustrated. I used Hyperterm and NOTHING came up on the screen. I used 9600 to begin and then dropped down to 2400 - still blank.

Perhaps the adapter shell pins on the rj 11 side are different than the ones you guys use.

PLease review the RJ11 side pin outs below.

X YL RD WH X
X Bl Gr Bk X

Is this what your basic shell adapter looks like?

Also, once I make an adapter, is there someway to easly remove the wire after I jam them into specfic pin numbers? Once I try a specific wiring schema I'm unable to break the adapter down and try again. I'm stuck with the adapter as is.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
telenewbie,
I don't think it's your cable or DB9, the DB9 and cord I gave you the configuration for is the same as the kit that Comdial will send you. If you look at the pin readouts that jwooten posted it's the same as the one I posted. The only difference is that it doesn't have the 3rd pair,which doesn't get used (not an issue)
As jwooten said you should try the hyperterm, it always gets in. Look at your DB9 and if it's right don't waste another one just use a 2pair cord and that will work fine. Let us know what happens. Personally, and I think jwooten would agree you should bag VMMI and go with the hyperterm.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited April 19, 2003).]
</font>