Hi guys, does anyone here know how to set up a Biztouch 3 phone with a Bizfon 680 system?

I have been using a Bizfon 680 for about a year now, with 3 Biztouch 2 phones.

I just recently purchased a BizTouch 3 phone on ebay. When i connect it to my 680 system, it prompts me to do the initial setup. It then asks to press the "Settings" button "if this phone will be a BizTouch series phone". That's one of my problems. The BT3 phone does not have a "Settings" button, so I can't really continue.

If I connect it to one of my existing lines that was already set up as using a Biztouch phone, the phone seems to work; I can pick up the handset and receive a dial tone and make calls.

But if I hang up the receiver, the line is never actually disconnected. When I pick up the receiver again, I hear a tone as if the phone was left off the hook; a very loud irritating sound.

The only way to disconnect, is to physically disconnect and reconnect the phone line on the back of the phone.

The first BiZtouch3 I got was returned for this reason to the seller as I thought it was defective. The replacement yields the same problems. I then purchased yet another BT3 from another vendor, and it also has the same issues.

So now I'm hoping that someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if these units really are all FUBAR.

TIA. :toast: