Well here's the update!

The professionals were called in and they were here today. Unfortunately I could not be here also since I have my 8-5 job to attend to as well.

Apparently the guy was here ALL DAY. He concluded the from the point where I had the phone working (which was on the outside pedistool at about the 4th/5th cross connect panel, which is also pictured above) to the next building was completely useless.

Luckily, when myself and our old maintenance director trenched and ran parallel runs of Cat5 for the data network I have and the 25 pair phone cable, we had that spare run of cat5. The guy who was here ended up using my spare cat5 line to get the phone working up at the last building (the one that is about 2,000+ feet from the KSU building.

While he was here he was also able to take care of some other button programmings and things on the menu we needed changed that would have taken me years of reading our pdf format manual and tons of posts here to figure out!!

thank you all for your support here. i really wish i knew why that 25 pair line is dead, and why the 5 stations that still run through it work, and none of the other pairs...

there was some construction done a year ago, maybe they botched something since it was very, very near the conduit that has all wiring running through.

*sigh, at least i did find out that i was NOT crazy and those lines really were BAD. =)