Our board in our main system went out. The SIM card also bit the dust. I don't know a lot about the system, and had no idea it even had a SIM card. I found out how to back it up, so I will be doing that once it gets back going.

We are pinched for money at the school, so I am trying to do some of this myself without having our phone company do it all. I have a few questions if anyone would care to help me.

We have an old DOS box that runs perfect voice for VM and such. I am assuming the main system is a Strata CIX since that is what my manual that I have is for. I am using eManager 5.2 to work on the system.

We have a new card and the system is up, though everything is lost, except for the information on the DOS box that contains the mailboxes and such. I located all my trunks by dialing #700? and then 9591122 and have them labeled. I set up a few groups so that the trunks will ring to the correct groups. I have set the office keys up to ring to certain extensions as they should or to Intercomm, grab an outside line to call, etc.

Here are my questions.
1. For the remaining phones which are all DTK 10 button phones, can I set the keys up on one and then copy it to a bunch of others? I selected copy and then it let me type in an extension to copy it to, but that was only for one phone. I will do that for every phone if I need to, but would like to copy it to multiple extensions at one time if possible.

2. How do I get my phone to retrieve voice mails now? I had a message from before this went down and when I hit the MSG button on the phone, it took me to the main attendant. From there I hit *999, extension, and my password and it checked it. Now that there are no messages though, when I hit MSG, it does nothing. I cannot get back to the main attendant. I thought I could just hit *999, but that must not be it. So from here I guess I have two questions:
a. How do I get to the main attendant?
b. How do I tell my phone to check messages? (I assume I have to put a number in on the VM section of my extension, but I am not sure what to put, or where to find what to put)

3. When I use to dial an extension, it would keep ringing unless someone answered or the number 2 was hit, which caused it to pick up on the other end so that you could talk and anyone there would here you talking on speaker. Now when I dial an extension, it does not keep ringing. I automatically picks up on the other end so that I can start talking. I want it to go back like before.

If I can get those three questions answered, hopefully I can get most of my problems fixed and maybe figure some other things out as well.

Thank you for any info.
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools
PH: 573-568-5669 FA: 573-568-4565