OK, let me clarify a bit deeper.....The incoming call is to a DID number that IS NOT answered. It's also the main number for one of the companies, so it is programmed to ring at multiple stations. In addition, it's not associated with just one station.

I understand that many systems, to include the STSe can send outbound CID information on a per-station basis. We aren't talking about a DID that is just associated with one station. We also aren't talking about a station actually making the outward call.

I guess for clarification purposes, and to save many of you time, let's just pretend that there are no stations whatsoever on this system. A call to a particular DID simply bounces off the system, carrying all ten digits of the DID number that was dialed along with it. Note that only four digits are being sent by the CLEC and YES, they do permit us to send out our own outbound number. Oh, and no, all numbers are not in the same exchange, in fact we are dealing with five different NXX's.

Does that help narrow the search? I really appreciate all of your suggestions, but I am concerned that we aren't all on the same page.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX