We have a customer using a newly-installed Vodavi STSe with a PRI (they are using about half of the channels for voice). After the installation and eleven subsequent visits, we are at a dead end with this customer.

They have four different companies sharing this system (I should say identities).

Anyway, they want to be able to selectively forward certain DID numbers to an off-premise number (likely the owner's cell phone). That part isn't too terribly hard to accomplish.

What is impossible is for the full telephone number of the DID that was dialed be displayed as caller ID on the cell phone. I can't get it to work on this system, Vodavi says it can't be done and I am about ready to throw my hands up.

The customer feels that their CLEC and/or Vodavi have misrepresented themselves here. Neither one of them ever told the customer that this can be done, nor did the customer ever ask us for this feature until weeks after the system was installed.

He seems to think that he's going to get Vodavi to buy the system back and pay for us to install some other system that WILL do this. I say it can't be done. Any ideas for something in a comparable price range?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX