Okay bear with me as I want to try to give you as much info as I can. I had a system I was supporting for the local guy. Someone changed the password and I came up with the idea to do an initial blank database install from flashcard since I had a kermit backup file from when the install was initially done. Folks here were very good about confirming that this would reset the password and for those that offered to upload my kermit file and email me a printout.

Alex and EZ Logistics were very helpful during the process.

Now - the flashcard install went great, but the modem on the system was it's usual squirrely self and the kermit restore aborted about 1/5th of the way through. I ended up having to walk the local guy through the rest of the programming since I didn't have IP access at that particular time. Some things like the COS and COR groups and a few other things did show up as being done via the aborted kermit restore. Anyway we pretty much go it done and I have IP access now.

Their PMS interface hadn't been working for a quite a while before we did the backup and so I left all phones open for the guest rooms. So just a couple of days ago we did a conference call with the PMS people and got that working, but something weird is happening.

The check in and out is working fine and setting the rooms to LD on outgoing call restriction ( I have that enabled and PMS in form 4) but people in checked in rooms aren't able to make local or toll free calls but they are able to make 1+ calls. I finally figured out by trial and error that when I send the locals and toll free out the same route as the LD it works. I have double and triple checked everything that I know of to check (even going so far as to check it against other systems that I have working properly) and all is good. The only difference between the 1+ route and the Local / Toll free route is the COR group (which the rooms phones are not even in) the trunk group and modified digit entry are exactly the same.

The only thing I could think of is that the aborted kermit restore did something weird and wrote a little garbage somewhere that is not readable that is causing the problem, but I took out the route and COR group and rebuilt them - that didn't work so I even built a new route out for local and 800 but no luck.

One last thing - when you dial the local or 800 from the room it does allow you to dial the whole number before giving the busy signal, but I know it is not a trunk problem because the trunk group is in circular and it happens consistently that 1+ will go and local and toll free will not unless I change the route.

Any suggestions on what might be going on here?