web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#95609 11/19/09 05:30 AM
OP Offline
I have a customer who has a Magix system with a dynamic PRI. Customer has a group of agents (group #502)who work customer service. Callers dial into the group via a DID number, and are either answered or queued up and hear delay announcements. They would like to be able to have these calls go to a night message after 5PM, instead of going into the queue. Service provider is not able to set up trunk groups on the PRI. Other DID calls also come down the same PRI. All I have to work with is the digits to distinguish customer service calls from other calls. How can I get night service coverage on a calling group?
Thanks for any ideas.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#95610 11/19/09 10:28 AM
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
If everyone logs out of the group, voice mail should answer instead.

If you direct the DID for the sales group to an auto attendant, and the auto attendant sends the calls to the group, Day/Night service can change the AA, and the selector codes or 0/timeout can change the destination.

#95611 11/19/09 11:03 AM
OP Offline
if everyone logs out of the group they hear delay announcement 1. And I thought of the Auto Attendant answering the calls first, but they are adamant that no caller to their business will ever be answered by a recording, unless after hours. Even though if no agent is available the callers get the delay announcement. I can't convince them, so I am looking for another solution if possible.
Thanks

#95612 11/21/09 09:15 AM
Does the DGC not have an overflow point set?

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
#95613 11/21/09 09:24 AM
OP Offline
I'm guessing it does not. i would have to get onsite to double check. Would you suggest overflowing that group (#502) to the vmail group (#770)?

#95614 11/23/09 08:26 AM
Several solutions can work: one of the simplest is to change the delayed annoucement @closing time. If you have a external announcment machine simply get another one and swap @ closing. All agents must log out so caller will hear delayed anouncment.
Another similar solution is to add a second 1st delayed annoucement and keep it logged out during the day and log it in at night,logging out the normal day annoucement. This is done through a Calling group supervisiors phone. Delayed annoucement can be logged in or out just like agents.
Read the Merlin Feature Reference Manual for Calling groups.
Good Luck

#95615 11/23/09 08:41 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestions. They are using Merlin Messaging for the delay announcements. They can change that announcement by importing another recording. When I am back there next I will experiment with your suggestion.
What they have decided to go with, at least for now is this: We are treating the auto attendant greeting as if it is delay announcement 1. All callers hear the greeting but it essentially directs them to wait on the line for the next available agent. The dial0 timeout is set to go to the group, where they either get answered or hear the same message again (delay#1) if no agents are available. It allows for night service to be scheduled since that first message is really an auto attendant greeting. It took some convincing, but some percentage of callers were hearing the delay announcement anyway, so why not make it the auto attendant.
Thanks for everyone's help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,319
Posts638,940
Members49,778
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,220 Shoretel
190,449 CTX100 install
188,872 1a2 system
Newest Members
hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310, PeterG, lyte
49,777 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dans 5
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024