web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ggrego Offline OP
OP Offline
I am just asking and know one may have the answer. But my questions is can a AT&T TSD (Telephone Security device) 3600 work/function behind a PBX/KSU? All the secure devices I've installed in the past have always had to have a dedicated line to them. If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Freedom Ain't Free...
-----------------------
www.ggrego.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Yes they can if the PBX accommodates analog devices and the TSD is programmed properly to coordinate with the PBX.

Now even though the answer is yes the setup is not the preferred method. The preferred setup by both the security techs and the phone techs is a phone line to a RJ31X and it is the first connection point past the demark. This guarantees the security system line access no matter what happens inside the PBX.

Ggrego Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I just found out the answer myself. I set the switch up for one of the co lines only to that extension is now dedicated extension for a line only. I appreciate the answer and quick reply. You're right though when you set it up on a behind a switch the security elements goes out the windows.

Freedom Ain't Free...
-----------------------
www.ggrego.com
I'm glad that you have found a solution but I want you to make sure you factor this information in.

If an RJ31X is used prior to the PBX then any failure during an emergency won't bring you or your company into the picture should there be a dispute later on down the road. Know what I mean?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,322
Posts638,969
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,297 Shoretel
190,579 CTX100 install
189,041 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024