web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
heiff Offline OP
OP Offline
My G3 switch has a trunk group with two members, both of which are VOIP lines from different providers. I set up the trunk group as two-way, loop start.

The switch doesn't seem to want to detect a disconnect from either of the lines (i.e. the switch is not "hanging up" and returning the CO line to "idle"). If I make an inbound call to the switch and the call is not picked up, the extension on the switch will ring in perpetuity (I guess?), long after I've hung up as the calling party. I've tried playing with the Answer/Disconnect Supervision settings for the trunk group, which did not help. Are there other settings I should adjust to try and correct this?

Lost and found, you still remain there.
You'll find a meadow filled with grain there.
I'll give you a home on the range... (Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Parks)
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Without a positive disconnect signal the system has no way of knowing when the calling party hangs up.

I would check with the service provider to see what they can do to resolve the issue.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Definity's do not seem to like VOIP lines, disco is one problem. Putting a IP front end on it might help.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Have you determined that you are even getting a disconnect signal from the VoIP line?

heiff Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah, I think that is the right question...

How do I determine if I'm getting a disconnect signal from the VOIP line?

Lost and found, you still remain there.
You'll find a meadow filled with grain there.
I'll give you a home on the range... (Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Parks)
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Put a tone generator on the pair for the line being tested, but do not turn it on. You will get a light on the LED indicator of the tone generator.

Place a call into the trunk being tested and have someone answer it. Have them place the call on hold.

Hang up from your test call and watch the LED of the tone generator. If it goes our for about half a second a few seconds after you hang up, then the disconnect signal is being sent. If the LED stays lit continuously, then you are not receiving the required disconnect signal.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,906
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,038 Shoretel
190,245 CTX100 install
188,408 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 252 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024