Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
This should not be happening on the R6 at all, have you tried it as a stand alone, that's where I would start to see if it,s equipment or lines.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

remark Offline OP
OP Offline
Wed. at 1 pm is the vendor meet. I should have more feedback then. Thanks for the excellent suggestions. What a great group.
Rich

Just a thought, couldn't you temporarily disconnect the CO lines, replace them with a loopback from unused extension ports and give it a shot.
This would take the CO lines out of the picture and just check all your equipment.
It really sounds as if the CO's are to hot and you may be calling Sandman if the LEC can't (or won't) tweek them.
------------
MrG

I had the same thing and Catalyst finally provided the answer. I had to put 2 filters on each CO line. OF course, I don't remember the name of the filters. They did have a dampening effect like when you try to correct an issue with radio interference. The filters were about 3 inches long and had female modular connections on each end - like a long barrel coupler.

The filters are a 90A Attenuator. These are only available via repair, and will eliminate the conference "squealing"

Ron Rogers

Ron Rogers
New Product Introduction Manager
Avaya B5800 Branch Gateway
Thanks Ron. I was going to mention the 90A and I did remember the squealing issue but I couldn't remember if that was the cure.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
remark Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried a stand alone r6 and had the same problem. I then tried a AT&T 4 line telephone and did NOT have the problem. I then put some used attenuators on the 66 block on lines 1,2,3 and the dip switch attenuator on line 4 and the squealing subsided to an acceptable. Customer can live with that for now.
Thanks for your help.

Rich

So if the attenuators are working have you checked the loop current as suggested by TTT. If it's high I would think you'd be better served by the loop current regulators at Sandman's site that keep the current at a constant 23ma.

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,325
Posts638,978
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,333 Shoretel
190,598 CTX100 install
189,080 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 57 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024