Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Administrator
Administrator
Alex
Can you complete your profile. There are several other strong systems to look at since your still shopping.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

AlexCDF Offline OP
OP Offline
I kind of figured it as a common sense thing, no use getting super fancy phones for the executives and bare bones for the people that are on them all day long, on the other hand we will put minimal phones in the plant etc

Simply put

You won't regret buying the Coral

Scott
I have many sites using Samsungs VOIP products with no complaints. IP keysets are solid, they dont need to VPN into network, and IP trunking is simple to program and is working very well on a few of my customer sites. Dont count out Samsung.

AlexCDF Offline OP
OP Offline
Profile updated

A phone is a phone is a phone.... What is it that your looking for in a new system, ie..Features, Applications ...etc. Stay FOCUSED on your needs and wants, salespeople are there to sell, it's their job and nothing wrong with that. But its the installation and the service after that will carry you through the change for years to come. Narrow it down to 2 or 3 vendors and ask them for a RECENT customer list. Being December make sure that its not older than a month. Call each and everyone and you'll find your choice. A company can sell a great product, but if it can install, service or maintain it then whats the use? Likewise if a system is only so-so well known and they have the troops to do it all, you'll be satisfied. Make sure that they are local and have been in business for some time, check them out like Bunnie said.
I don't want to bring up pricing differences because costs are more in Calif. than Miss. and if your pricing apples-to-apples the cost should be close to each other. You pay for what you get, or you get what you pay for.
You are a manufacturing company and you have competitors it's not too much different. Is your product better, worse or the same as theirs.

My thought would be for Samsung. Their IP setup is a snap to install and the IP or TDM phones are solid. I would have the customer do a survey to see what features you need and that would help you on the amount of buttons. Other good ideas that Samsung has is their WLI card for the 500 that gives you 8 base controllers, built in UCD is standard, and their SoftPhone application for your traveling sales people. They also have a tool on their SVMi called e-gateway. I would refer to this as a poor man's "Unified Messaging". If you want it I think they give you 5 free license then you have to purchase any extra. Between the SoftPhone and E-Gateway they are good tools at a cheep price for your traveling army.

AlexCDF Offline OP
OP Offline
You guys sure are giving me a lot to think about, but I am appreciating all of the info!

Most folks have a different opinion about battery backups. Me 45-1 hour is fine. If it's not back up by then, you will have other major issues to worry about. Depending on the DC system, you could have issues with battery gasses and city codes. Do your homework on the service support for any system. I have had good luck with APC for backup power. They have a MX3000 that is stackable and modular so it grows with the need so you can use it for all the assets in the room. I agree with the negative on the Samsung conf application but I would use a bridge regardless as cheep as they are now.

Administrator
Administrator
Alex
My wife and her folks are from Plymouth and Brockton. I sent you a PM on the Telrad product line just to add some new fun to your day.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,664 CTX100 install
187,871 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024